Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmmay

How do change 'read more' text when adding a link to my slide in REVSLIDER?

jmmay

Hi,

Being a newbie, I have searched extensively for an answer how to change the 'read more' text into Dutch or another phrase, that pops up automatically whenever I add a link to my slides in REVLSIDER.

My website url is: http://www.netshare.nl

I have tried to add : <div class="caption sft big_white"  data-x="400" data-y="100" data-speed="700" data-start="1700" data-easing="easeOutBack">LEES MEER</div>

to 'Extra elements' 

but then the link does not work anymore.

Anyone a better suggestion?

James B

Hi there,

The easiest way to do this without having to use a wp filter would be to use a child theme like the base theme on your site. In the child theme insert a sections folder and copy the revslider folder into the child theme. In the revslider folder look for the section.php and open in something like sublime. Do a find/replace for the 'read more' text and replace it with the phase you want and save. Make sure the child theme is the active theme in your themes panel and the text will now display your chosen phrase. By using a child theme and copying the revslider folder into it, this protects the changes from future updates when you update the main DMS theme.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmmay

Thanks James, it will take rereading a couple of times, what you suggest and step by step implementing; if I succeed, I'll let you know :-)

James B

Good luck, keep us posted :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B