Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourishdesignstudio

Disappearing Text, Links, Etc. - Possible Caching Problem?

flourishdesignstudio

Hello Pagelines Community,

I am struggling with a problem that a client is having with their site that was just built using DMS. The site is using DMS v1.1.6 and Wordpress 3.8.1 and the problem seems to be that when the cache is cleared and the client refreshes the page, text, links, etc. seem to disappear. 

I will attach 3 screenshots that help illustrate the problem and sequence of events. The first Screenshot is the correct view (aka how the page is actually supposed to look). The second screenshot is what happens when you first load the page (Expense Report link disappears but reappear when the user refreshes the page), and the third is when happens if you clear the cache and load the page (all links, headings, and text in the header and main page area are gone).

If anyone had any idea what might be going on here please let me know. I greatly appreciate the help and really need a starting point to figure out what might be happening here.

Thank you!

James B

There's a couple of people who seem to be having this issue, is it just in chrome? I think from what I've seen online its related to fitvids.js so will report to the dev team and get them to look into.

Other post - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/33111-invisible-text-content-missing/

Update: have logged this on the bug tracker - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/675

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

Please let us know which version of chrome you're using.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

flourishdesignstudio

Thanks for the link James B! It looks like here was the solution for the other designer:

"Just downloaded the latest fitvids from https://github.com/d...5000/FitVids.js

and replaced the script.fitvids.js inside dms/js folder and it is working."

I went to the GitHub repository and I am not sure exactly what I should do to fix this. Am I supposed to download the jquery.fitvids.js and put that in the dms/js folder? I don't see the script.fitvids.js that he was referring to so I am hesitant to modify anything just yet. Do you have any advice on what I should do in the meantime to the site doesn't have these problems?

Thanks James!

flourishdesignstudio

Also, I am checking to confirm the browser versions so I will get that information to you as soon as possible!

flourishdesignstudio

Hi James B, it looks like Chrome V 33.0.1750.117 m and IE 10 are both giving us problems. Thanks!

Simon
Please try latest DMS (1.1.7) it has the latest fitvids.

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.