Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gsquared

Help with Facebook button not working on home page

gsquared    0
gsquared

I have embedded a Facebook connect button on my client's site and for some strange reason, it will not work on the home page but on a test page it works fine.

Home page: http://cruise-offer.com

Test page: http://cruise-offer.com/test/

I'm testing in Firefox on Mac. When I use Safari or Chrome, home page button works fine. But on Firefox, only the Test page works and not the home page.

Any ideas?

WP: 3.8.1

PageLines: 1.1.6

greenfly    230
greenfly

The link you have used for your facebook link is set to #. http://screencast.com/t/Wazf5wD9WO

how have you embedded this button? have you used a shortcode/script/plugin? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

gsquared    0
gsquared

Yes, that's the way it works. It's from a Wordpress plugin that is actually in a separate installation of WP in another directory of that domain. 

But the button works fine on the test page, which is the strange part. And it also works fine in other browsers. So it leads me to believe there is something on the home page template that is interfering with its functionality.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Try disabling all other plugins to see if there is a conflict. 

If the plugin is by a third party developer you would need to contact them for support with functionality provided by their plugin 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

gsquared    0
gsquared

I disabled only other plugin I have installed and it behaves the same way.

Thanks

greenfly    230
greenfly

As the functionality is provided by a third party plugin you woul dneed to contact them for problems with using their plugin. 

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image. 

• Jeffrey Salim
      By Jeffrey Salim+
      When trying to activate the Facebook Plugin, using the Bootstrap Theme under Platform 5, the following Fatal Error occurs:
      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /wp-content/plugins/pl-plugin-login-facebook/libs/fblogin.php on line 35
      If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated...
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi,

The facebook follow button on the watermark section suddenly stopped working, I think after updating pinspro to 1.2.1. How do I fix this?
            here is a screenshot:

[attachment=2653:fb_error_screenshot.png]