Sign in to follow this  
Michael Giesen

Using Pages instead of Posts in Carousel mode?

Michael Giesen

I absolutely love the Carousel feature on the new Platform Pro Theme. However, is there anyway of linking the thumbnails to other pages within the website, instead of linking to posts, if not the carousel really looses it's appeal to me...can anyone help?

kitty73

I am trying to get this done - have asked a guy on fiverr.com to have a look for me. If I get a good result I'll post the answers here... fingers crossed - I really want/need this too :)

kitty73

I do not know what the guy did, but he fixed it for me within 1/2 hours (said it was a problem with the theme). Anyway - mab4 on fiverr.com did the fix for me and it cost $5. Am v.v. happy.

Michael Giesen

Katie, Can you post the solution on this form?

bryan-hadaway

Yeah, if you can share the solution here that would be wonderful, otherwise I'll look into another solution. Thanks, Bryan

kitty73

Hi Bryan To be honest I do not know what the guy did and I don't know php to work out what has change - am happy for one of the pagelines moderators to have a look inside my site and give you my admin details if you pm me. Let me know if you'd like to do this Tks Kate

areafivesixonehotmailcom

A solution to this would be great!

cas45

I need to do the same thing!

bryan-hadaway

Hey Katie, Maybe you can have your guy post the code in a text file with a brief description and then you can share that here? We'd definitely give you some Karma points for the new Karma store coming and of course it would just all around help the community. If you can't get that info from him, sure email: hello@pagelines.com with the link and login info for your site and we'll have a look. Thanks, Bryan

oryxx

I would be interested in this solution as well. This is the only "feature" that is preventing me from completing a project for a client.I tried using redirects but it doesn't work for the carousel images but only for html pages to other html pages. Thank-you all...

catrina

Peter, you may e-mail hello[at]pagelines.com, as well, so that you can also get assistance with this problem.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

scottsemple

+1 Definitely interested in this if it's possible.

cas45

Has there been any movement on this? I could really use this working, to me the carousel for pages makes way more sense then for posts. I need my site up soon.

cmunns

One way to do this would be to edit section.carousel.php find this line: `$carousel_post_query = 'numberposts='.$carouselitems;` and add the post_type like this: `$carousel_post_query = 'numberposts='.$carouselitems.'&post_type=page';` of course you'll have to add "featured images" for your pages and this doesn't really allow you to control which pages show up although you could exclude/include by page-id like this: `$carousel_post_query = 'numberposts='.$carouselitems.'&post_type=page&exclude=12';`

cas45

How would I add featured images to my page? Could I add a custom field to control what pages show up in the carousel? Not being able to tag or categorise pages drives me nuts.

cmunns

Add this to your functions.php file to get thumbnails on pages. ` if (is_page()): add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' ); endif; `