Custom Post Types

6 posts in this topic

we are building up a site with custom post types. We created one for like a contact form with adress, phone, etc. Normally we have to create a new template to tell the theme how to display the new post type. What way we have to go to enable this form of template within Pagelines?

Thankyou for your help!

Hi there,

The easiest way would be to use a plugin like types and views -

Hi James, nice to meet you :-)

thanks for your tip! I have now both plugins - the "types" and the "views" and like them very much! So I deleted the former custom field types and taxonomies and builded all up with these two plugins. Everything is working fine - but the pagelines does not use the template. Other themes like the twentyfourteen do. So it seems to be a pagelines-issue. What do you think?

regards, Chris

This was exactly what I needed. Thank you for your kind help, James! regards, Chris

You're welcome Chris, thank you for updating the thread.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Page Content Disappeared when Logged In
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am having a unique problem in which our website is appearing correctly when I am logged out of DMS but when I am logged in and view the front of the site the main content area disappears. The page content still exists in the WP editor in the backend but from the front everything disappears. This happens on almost all the main pages but not on every single one which made me think it was a template problem but this is happening across several templates, not just a single one. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
      I am attaching screenshots of the same page when I am logged out versus when I am logged in. Thanks so much in advance for the help!

• Multiple Archive Templates?
      By jennajonesdesign
      Is it possible to have multiple archive templates? Sometimes I don't like to have all of my posts grouped together. On the current site I am working on we have a "Job Openings" section completely separate from a "News and Events" section. All I am trying to do is add a different header to each section, but even when I save as separate templates they keep over-riding each other. I am unlocking first. 
      Is this just error on my part, or is it not currently an option to have multiple archive templates?
      Let me know! Thanks!
    • How would I build this?
      By abuzzelli+
      How would I build a page like this so the content would be editable in wordpress?
      The page scrolls down and there are many sections. I'm not sure how to set up a pagelines template that can be used on many pages that would also be editable in either wordpress pages, posts or widgets. Any suggestions?
    • Scaling down h1-h6 in the template area
      By dgsarnow+
      Does anyone know how to scale down the h1-h6 tags within the template section?
      I want to keep the native sizes in the header, fixed bar, and footer sections.
    • PL-Nextbox issue
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm trying to translate custom PHP templates that a developer coded into pagelines templates. I'm trying to paste the php into a nextbox, but I'm getting this error:
      Looks like your NextBox PHP resulted in an error :/
      Here's the code. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
       * The template used for displaying page content in front-page.php

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
              <header class="entry-header">
                  <?php if ( ! is_page_template( 'page-templates/front-page.php' ) ) : ?>
                      <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
                  <?php endif; ?>
                  <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'vehicle-gallery' ); ?>

<div class="entry-content">
                  <?php the_content(); ?>
                  <?php wp_link_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="page-links">' . __( 'Pages:', 'twentytwelve' ), 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?>
              </div><!-- .entry-content -->
              <footer class="entry-meta">
                  <?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'twentytwelve' ), '<span class="edit-link">', '</span>' ); ?>
              </footer><!-- .entry-meta -->
          </article><!-- #post -->