Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverRat

Blog Categories

RiverRat

Hi all my posts are going to my blog page, and I can not seem to select the specific category for the blog page as I am used to in other installations. How do you select the specific post category for your blog page in DMS? Thanks so much.

http://buff.ly/1ePlhVH

Danny

Hi,

I am not entirely sure what you're referring too. By default Wordpress will list all of your posts on your blog. If you wish to have a specific page for your categories, you can do this by adding those categories to your navigation, this functionality is part of Wordpress.

If however, you're referring to your category not being visible on your post, then you will want to use the post category meta shortcode on your PostLoop settings.

Please search our forums, before posting!

asialove

create a static page, and then set it as home

add widget section to your home page, and then use some plugin to filter categroy.

greenfly

ellen Filtering Section on the PageLines maketplace will allow you to filter by Category and much more besides http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/filtering/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RiverRat

All I would like is to have one blog category on my blog. I have slider posts and rotating blog post post categories, but do not want them on the main Blog page, only the Blog Category.Right now everything is on there. Do I have to use filtering just for specifying one category only for the blog page. Usually in Wordpress I have been able to choose one category for the blog page in Wordpress, but I do not see that option with the DMS template. How is it best done?

I do have static page choosen and Blog page for posts. Thanks!

Danny

Wordpress does not include an option to display a specific category on your Blog page and it never has. If you have done this in the past, then its likely it was a theme feature. In order to do this in DMS you have a number of options.

* You could probably use a filter

* You could create a section based off of the Content/PostLoop section and add a category option.

* You could use a third party section from our store or external stores.

* You could use a plugin.

For me personally, I would recommend a plugin, its the simplest option and would only require installing the plugins, activating it and then adding the shortcode to a MediaBox or TextBox. You should probably check out either MiniLoops or The Loop plugin, both of which are on the Wordpress plugin repo.

RiverRat

Thank you Danny, I will check those plugins out.

Danny

No problem.