Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

DMS and EXtracted Structured Data

jmad
I guess since there isn't any data on the actual WP page then Google isn't able to extract structured data from the page?  This seems like an SEO disadvantage.  Is there a way to get the data extracted?
Extracted structured data
hatom-feed
hatom-entry:  
Error: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.
Error: Missing required field "entry-title".
Error: Missing required field "updated".
Error: Missing required hCard "author".
Error: At least one field must be set for HatomEntry.
Error: Missing required field "entry-title".
Error: Missing required field "updated".
Error: Missing required hCard "author".

Simon

Can you provide a bit more info? Like whats on the page, or better yet a url to the page.

jmad

Sure.  The page is made up of basically DMS text and media boxes.  http://madskydesign.com  The site does have Yoast installed.

Simon

Well the page does not contain any post, so there is no author and no post date.

Those fields are designed for blog type posts. 

jmad

Hmmm.  That makes sense.  Was just comparing this to another theme and it pulls that data from the "page" rather it is a post or not.  But then you do have to change some PHP to get the publish date not to show in search engine results for that theme.  

Wonder which method is better for SEO.  I've moved to DMS at this point so I'll roll with it.  

Just so there is no confusion from this post and I think this has been covered in other posts.  The text from Media boxes and text boxes shows as text on the page and therefore gets read by search engines.  This is the case even though when using a plugin like Yoast it doesn't pull the text.  Ibox text isn't in a <p> but <div> so should be getting read.

@ Simon_P thanks for the information.

Jason