Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rijans

Few questions about PostAuthor Section

rijans    5
rijans

Love the PostAuthor section, but

How do I disable linking in post author picture? (It links to current post link!)

How do I link author name to author posts?

How do I resize the author pic?

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

.......Feeling Rockstar with DMS! .......

....I believe there's nothing like DMS....

rijans    5
rijans

1st and 3rd solved with 

.thumbnail {
  pointer-events: none;
  cursor: default;
  text-decoration:none; 
  width: 95px; height:95px;
}

...What about the second one?

.....Being a code noob, I want highest control as much as possible! What a mismatch! ......

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Usually the postauthor section appears at the top of the authors posts page.

The easiest way to get a link in the postauthor section I think would be to put a html link/button in to the biographical info section linking to the posts page (this area is set in the users profile).

Otherwise you'd need to use something more complicated like a Wordpress filter/hook to turn the author name into a link taking them to the post page. http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

rijans    5
rijans

James B, I will have a look. Thanks!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Let us know how you get on 

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• terrykiwi83
      By terrykiwi83
      Hi there,

I just have a quick question that I hope can be easily answered. Basically we are using the DMS 2.1.9.3 Framework and have 'activated' the revslider on our site. The current dimensions of the revslider are 2000x800 which is way to big for our site. My question is, how can I resize it so it fits with the rest of the site (From the logo to the end of the contact text would be an ideal size), is there a setting somewhere that I haven't discovered yet? 

The site in question is: http://megatron.homelinux.com/arataki/

Thanks in advance :)

Terry
    • JimP
      By JimP
      Hi there,
      Here is my website; http://dwellloyalty.com

I found this post on resizing my navigation logo to larger than 29px http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/29977-resizing-logo-and-centering-columns/#entry207602

So I placed this code in my custom CSS
      .section-navi .navi-container { height: 150px; padding: 7px; } But nothing seemed to happen...

Any ideas on how to increase the size from 29px?  http://dwellloyalty.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Dwell-Loyalty-log-cropped437x2041.png

Thank you - Jim

• margie
      By margie
      Hi All-

I have a quickslider at the top of my page with mediaboxes below.  When I resize the screen, both images reduce in size to a certain point.  When the screen looks to be about the size of an iPad, the mediabox images revert to a larger size as they stack on top of one another, while the quickslider image continues to decrease in size.  Is there a way to make the mediabox images shrink with the same aspect ratio as the quickslider image?  Ideally, I would like all images to continue to get smaller as the device gets smaller.

Thanks so much for your assistance.
    • margie
      By margie
      Hi-

I have the Quickslider at the top of my pages with Mediaboxes and Textboxes below in the content area.  When I view the site on an iPhone, the image in the Quickslider adjust to a much smaller size but the images in the mediaboxes do not.  They shrink as I am dragging the screen (when viewing on a laptop) to a certain extent and then they pop back to a larger size when I reach the width of say, an iPad.  The Quickslider image just keeps shrinking so I'm left with this little image at the top and the mediabox images bigger underneath.  Is there a way to adjust the size of the mediaboxes so they change size commensurate with the Quickslider images?

I have tried modifying the following css thinking they would have the right affect but unfortunately, nothing happened:

.section-mediabox img {
      max-width: 100%-I changed to 88%;
      }

Do the mediaboxes resizability depend on the following from the content: 
      <div class="pl-content ui-resizable">
           body.display-full .pl-content
      Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

• margie
      By margie
      Hi-

I have the Quickslider at the top of my pages with Mediaboxes and Textboxes below in the content area.  When I view the site on an iPhone, the image in the Quickslider adjust to a much smaller size but the images in the mediaboxes do not.  They shrink as I am dragging the screen (when viewing on a laptop) to a certain extent and then they pop back to a larger size when I reach the width of say, an iPad.  The Quickslider image just keeps shrinking so I'm left with this little image at the top and the mediabox images bigger underneath.  Is there a way to adjust the size of the mediaboxes so they change size commensurate with the Quickslider images?

I have tried modifying the following css thinking they would have the right affect but unfortunately, nothing happened:

.section-mediabox img {
      max-width: 100%-I changed to 88%;
      }

Do the mediaboxes resizability depend on the following from the content: 
      <div class="pl-content ui-resizable">
           body.display-full .pl-content
      Any assistance is greatly appreciated.