Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tstirler

Text dissapears (turns transparent)

tstirler    0
tstirler

Hey, I'm having a strange issue on my site. The text does not show up on the front page.

If you look at:

http://www.anotherkindofmonster.com (in chrome at least) the text isn't visible.

If you click a link and then return to the front page, then it is visible again.

I'm struggling with finding the solution for this, and couldn't find a solution by searching either.

Do you need me to enable debug for this?

Thanks in advance.

Torbjørn / Another Kind of Monster

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Check to see if you have Section Caching on in your DMS Pro Tools plugin, this option is experimental and won't work on certain server configurations.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tstirler    0
tstirler

That is strange indeed, as it does not show up as ticked in my setup...

edit: That said, I did have w3 Totalcache installed and enabled earlier. Could that have triggered it?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Cache plugins can cause of kinds of issues if they're not configured correctly. I recommend you enable W3 Total Cache again, clear the plugins cache disable any options you enabled and then disable the plugin again. Hopefully that may resolve the issue.

tstirler    0
tstirler

Sadly, re-enabling, clearing cache (didn't help), then disabling all features, clearing cache and disabling w3 did not help.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Has this issue always occurred or has it happened recently ?

As it could be related to plugins, scripts or even your server. I haven't encountered this issue before. Therefore, its likely to be a server issue in my opinion. Can you enable PL debug mode please.

DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

tstirler    0
tstirler

Debug is enabled.

Sadly I don't know when it it started. On a sidenote, when logged in it it does not occur...

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, can you disable all active plugins, including DMS Pro Tools and see if this resolves your issue, as your debug information isn't showing anything out of the ordinary ?

tstirler    0
tstirler

everything is deactivated, still the problem persists.

could say that I'm a bit lost now...

Danny    1,327
Danny

Can you email our helpdesk with your admin username and password and also disable all active plugins and reply when you have please.

hello at pagelines dot com

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Don    0
Don

I am having this same problem after migrating site to new url but same hosting. Everything was working fine until I go live of course. Ctrl +F5 on any page will have the transparent text but normal refresh and links work fine. I would like to know of any solutions found if any. I did however have the section caching turned on before migrating. It is turned off now.

www.myapluspest.com

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello @don 

Could you create your own topic for this and let us know when the section caching is on and we can investigate for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Claudio
      By Claudio+
      I have a problem with the typography settings. I set the H1 class with "font-weight: 300;" (Very thin weight), and "font-size: 50px;" (To have considerable evidence of my problem). Unfortunately, as you can see on the screenshots, those setting don't have any incidence on the site, Infact in the home page editor there is a trial title called "Text test", bold, and 26 px approximatly sized.
      Why the typography settings are not transposed on the site? Where I wrong?

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      I have a problem with the regular textbox in pl5, in this case, the text goes in that container, but it will hide som of the text, as if the container itself won't fit?
      Is this some kind of bug or have I done something stupid, never happend before with pl5 doh, can I do something smart about it?
      Version: Version 5.0.108
      Look here: www.gastronova.co56.se

• Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all,
      I've been trying to justify the base font in PL5 with the Framework theme, but in doing so it's thrown a curve ball; it seems the font styling used by many of the PL5 Element sections (masthead etc) is overriding the global CSS.
      I set the base font style to justified in the Typography backend panel, and it seems to only apply to the base font used in standard Text sections, not to the base font used in text boxes within Element sections, could be others too, but not checked.
      Can we override this? It seems odd to have to (somehow) apply justification many times to different containers using the same base font, right?
      Also - I tried to add the CSS font-variant: small-caps; to the H3/4/5/6 CSS field in Typography panel, and again nothing happens, this time not even in Text sections!
      Confused I am! Please help...
      Cheers
      Barney
    • jagipson
      By jagipson+
      I am trying to make a header like the following site: http://www.nd.edu/
      They have their logo with a blue and yellow bar. Above the blue bar its actually transparent. You can see the image underneath of the building. How can I accomplish this with the Fixed section on DMS? I just started the build here:  http://recruiterwebsitedesign.com/polymer/
      When I scroll down the bar in transparent but the top is white which looks like its the site wrap background. How can accomplish this?

Thanks
    • Jeremiah
      By Jeremiah+
      How do I find the correct Plugin text string and alter it without affecting updates?