Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photomom86

Editor not Loading

photomom86

Yesterday morning I was able to work in the DMS editor no problem. I changed my navbar font color with the code I got from this thread here, I also installed 2 different plugins. After that, I haven't been able to get the editor to work. I've deactivated all the plugins, deleted the two that I installed, and taken the font color code back out (custom>CSS/LESS) and cleared all caches. The editor still won't load. I've looked over the troubleshooting docs but that's all a bit over my head other than deactivating and reactivating all the plugins. Even with all the plugins deactivated the editor still won't work. I did the view>developer>javascript console and this is the errors I get:

I tried to include a screenshot of the full page but they won't load right for some reason.

I don't know what do to with the info I got from the javascript console....thanks!

Danny

Hi,

If DMS was working before installing two plugins, its likely one or both of these plugins are the culprit. If disabling these plugins hasn't resolved the issue, then it could be related to custom code you have added such as a third party script. The errors you have posted shouldn't I don't think be effecting the DMS dashboard.

What happens with the DMS editor ? How is it not working yet you're able to remove your custom CSS?

Please search our forums, before posting!

photomom86

I'm able to strip out the code I initially added vis CSS/LESS when I'm in my wordpress admin I have a link on the side >Pagelines, when I click here it loads a page that has a CSS/LESS Fallback area (which reflects the same code I added in the DMS editor CSS/LESS area) and also the DMS Header Script Fallback area.

I disabled the plugins and even deleted them and then flushed caches and have waited several hours before trying the DMS editor again. I noticed that in the errors there is "google-analytics"....one of the plugins I installed (and then deleted) was to give me google analytics in my wp dashboard....not sure if that has anything to do with it.

When I try to load the DMS editor I get a white page with a blue spinning circle (loading) but it just spins seemingly forever and never loads.

Danny

Can you provide a link to your site please.

Have you added any scripts ?

Do you have any other plugins active ?

Can you enable WP_Debug mode and see if it prints our any errors. - https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

photomom86

my site is http://greeneyedcountrygirl.com

I do have other plugins active I can disable all but askimet if need be to figure it out.

As for scripts...the only one that I know specifically is this one in the Header Script Box: <meta name="pinterest" content="nohover"></meta>

I can go into my FTP and enable Wp_Debug mode. I know how to get in and change the false to true but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do after that.

Danny

Unfortunately, I can not debug your issue unless you disable all active plugins, this includes Aksimet. Also please remove that meta from your header, you added. We need to strip DMS back to vanilla, meaning no third party plugins/scripts or code.

In regards to the WP_DEBUG, simply set it to true and then when try and use the DMS editor again, this time if there are any errors, it will display them.

photomom86

ok, I disabled all plugins including askimet, I stripped all the custom CSS/LESS and the Header script and I went in and changed the false to true in wp-config.php, went back to try to use the DMS editor and it is doing the same thing, spinning blue circle, no loading

Danny

OK, when the editor is loading, what is displayed in your Browsers console, is it still the same errors as above ?

Also, your appear to be using data-rocketsrc in your scripts, this I believe is related to CloudFlare, I recommend you disable this and see if this resolves your issue. As its likely effecting the DMS editors scripts.

photomom86

no, now it is this:

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
Modernizr 1.6ish: miniModernizr for Isotope detected. This version is known to cause issues with async JavaScript loaders. Please upgrade to at least 2.6: http://modernizr.com/ rocket.js:4

Danny

Yup, that is likely Cloudflare or a similar service you're using. I recommend you disable any kind of cache or CDN you have active, as that is likely the culprit.

photomom86

ok will do! I've had issues with cloudflare in the past as well. It always seems to work great and speed up my site but then I start having issues on the backend.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate all the help because I am clueless when it comes to codes and anything not right in the wp admin.

Thanks a lot!!

Danny

If you have a decent host, there really shouldn't be any use for things such as CloudFlare. I would recommend a host such as FlyWheel and use MaxCDN.

photomom86

it is still not working. I disabled cloudflare and the WP Total Cache plugin because I've seen several people say it doesn't work well with DMS. 

now when I load the page with the console I get these errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'appendChild' of null cm.shareaholic.com/partners.js?location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greeneyedcountrygirl.com%2F:7
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), not all, not all, not all, only screen and (min-resolution: 192dpi), only screen and (min-resolution: 2dppx) (index):1010
Uncaught QuotaExceededError: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'lastSectionConfig' exceeded the quota. form.store.js?ver=1.1.6:2
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi)
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi) follow_button.1392079123.html:1
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE http://lz0.gstatic.com/gen_204?ct=iwcisoep
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE http://lz0.gstatic.com/gen_204?ct=dzsgalie

photomom86

bump.

now I'm getting these errors. this is so frustrating. everything is back the way it was yesterday morning when it was working. I flushed every single cache I can including my mac cache. I've deactivated and re-activated plugins, I can't get the DMS editor to load for anything!

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'appendChild' of null cm.shareaholic.com/partners.js?location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greeneyedcountrygirl.com%2F:7
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: only screen and (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 2), not all, not all, not all, only screen and (min-resolution: 192dpi), only screen and (min-resolution: 2dppx) (index):1010
  1. Uncaught QuotaExceededError: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'lastSectionConfig' exceeded the quota. form.store.js?ver=1.1.6:2
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
Consider using 'dppx' units instead of 'dpi', as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi) follow_button.1392079123.html:1

Danny

These errors are not associated to DMS, from the looks of it your issues are related to shareaholic, which is third party. You also something called wpgb_public_action, I have no idea what that it, but it's certainly not related to DMS.

If you're using any other third party extensions, services, I recommend you disable them. Something is effecting your DMS, which you have either installed or configured else where. I recommend you contact your host and see if they're aware of any issues.

Also, please do not bump posts, support on weekends is limited and bumping posts automatically places your post at the bottom of the que.

photomom86

ok I apologize. I will check with my host and see if they have any idea what's going on.

Danny

No need to apologise, just keep us posted.

:P