Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

asialove

Is it possible to create site like this with pageline dms?

Danny

Hi,

It's possible to create any kind of website using DMS. However, that design would require a lot of customization, use of hooks and custom CSS/LESS. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

RiverRat

Are there good video tutorials anywhere Danny? The docs for Pagelines seem to be so general. I would like to learn more about hooks and css/less and using it for Pagelines. I have gone through the Pagelines docs.

Asia, I am learning also and a professional web designer. Sheila Hoffman seems to have a really good handle on Pagelines and is a member, and I am using a guy http://forum.pagelines.com/user/250-clifford-p/. He is amazing. He charges $90 a hour but what he can get done in a hour is unbelievable!!!! He can save you months! He will even get you on a screen sharing session and show you around Pagelines! I don't know what I would of done without him and the tips he has given me, trying to get all these website deadlines completed and my client wish lists met, and learning Pagelines at the same time has cost me many 18 hr days!!! But when is there a slow time for web designers these days? I certainly haven't had one in the last year or 2.

I also like some parts of this site you mentioned. 

This is a website I just finished in DMS. http://buff.ly/1jKHTHB.

This one Cliff has been helping me with. It is his slider and look at the cool shape! http://buff.ly/1jKI1GW. Hopefully this website will be done by tomorrow. I have an issue with the global header as the interior pages are totally different template and menu system. I might have to get Cliff's assistance if I can not get it to work. The nice part about him is he will show you what he is doing and you will learn so much! He did some custom work for me on the menu and layering the slider, menu and logo.

Feel free to be my friend and network together.

RiverRat

I still have to develop the footer on the Hypnosis website, but the client wanted it up right away so still a few things I am doing to it.

jmad

This horizontal menu in DMS.  How would you accomplish that with DMS...I know it would take CSS but how would you even start the process?  Use the fixed Nav and position at certain size?  

Danny

I wouldn't use the Fixed Navigation, that would require large amount of changes via CSS. For me personally the best method would probably be to use a action hook, just below your body, then use your CSS to style it and position it.

You will want to probably add this before the #site div and then add padding to the #site div pushing to the right.

Please search our forums, before posting!