Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Publish changes process

jmad

What is the best process for publishing changes to a page?  Here is why I ask.  

Working in other themes/frameworks, changes are made to the actual WP page and then you publish by clicking "update".  These changes are almost automatic and don't impact any of the rest of the site.

When making a minor text edit to a DMS page I click publish.  After giving it 30 seconds or a minute if you then visit the live site, you receive unformatted pages.  I've tried clearing the cache in DMS and WPE but it doesn't change anything.  This seems to take up to 15/20 minutes to resolve and can be rushed by going into the WP "Edit Page" and clicking "Update" but it has to be done on every page of the site and still might require a user refresh.

Is there a way to have changes in the DMS editor just impact that one page so the entire site isn't republishing as that seems to be what is happening?

It would be awesome to have a save draft on the DMS editor so if you are working on a page but it isn't complete you don't have to publish or lose all your work.

jmad

batman

That's not the issue I'm talking about or at least I don't think so and there wasn't any resolution.  Danny mentioned a patch and that was back in November so I assume since this is 4 months later that the patch for a saving issue would have already been released but it's hard to tell.

Danny

The issue with saving hasn't been included (to my knowledge) yet, it is included in 1.2. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

Can we get a "for sure" answer.  And my question wasn't about saving as that is happening but it is about the publishing and how it seems to republish the entire site not just one page.

jmad

All browsers.