Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

insatiableiam

Two different post content loop on two different pages

insatiableiam

Okay, I should of asked this with my other question in regarding the content loop...but how would I set up a two separate feeds? Say on my home page I just want newsfeed to show up there and on say...on Press release, I want a different feed correlating to that to show up. Is this something I can accomplish within the system or do I have to resort to a plugin? if so, any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

James B

Hi there,

In DMS you only have one postloop section, which works off of the main loop. It would be easier to separate your loop into categories, then assign each post you make to the correct category. You can then make a category page (these display like the standard blog page) which pulls in only posts related to that category. You can also use a plugin like anyloop - http://nickhaskins.co/products/anyloop/ which allows you to control the postloop even further.

If you really want to create two loops, then you're either going to have to go down the customize route and make some advanced customizations - http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/multiple-wordpress-loops or use a plugin, it's not something that WordPress will do out of the box unfortunately.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

insatiableiam

Yeah, not interested in categories showing up, just feed from a specific categories, so I'll need different loops because I know the content loop in DMS is set to all posts that are created keeping the most recent on top if I am not mistaken. So guess I'll look for a plugin or something, hopefully it doesn't conflict with DMS, I personally try to keep my plugin usage as minimal.

James B

Yeah you're correct, the DMS/WP loop will just have one postoop and the most recent post will be at the top of the feed. There's options to edit using WP filters/hooks but if you can find a plugin which will allow you to implement the second loop you're looking for this would be a much easier option.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

asialove

Okay, I should of asked this with my other question in regarding the content loop...but how would I set up a two separate feeds? Say on my home page I just want newsfeed to show up there and on say...on Press release, I want a different feed correlating to that to show up. Is this something I can accomplish within the system or do I have to resort to a plugin? if so, any recommendations, I would appreciate it.

Hi, can i have a look at your site?