Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bscherr

DMS Pro Plugin 1.5 crashes DMS 1.1.6 site

bscherr

I have a site that uses DMS 1.1.6 with the Pro Tools Plugin version 1.5.  As soon as I updated the plugin from 1.4.6 to 1.5, the DMS editor just hangs in chrome and won't load. However, the top nav bar does load, it's just the rest of the site content that does not.  It's whitescreen except for the top navbar.

Then When I disable the Pro tools plugin, the site returns in full, editor included.

I also have a site that uses DMS 1.1.6 with the Pro Tools Plugin version 1.4.6 and it is working just fine. So I won't be updating to the new version of Pro tools.

I haven't added ANY custom css, code, scripts etc... to either of these sites. They are just 'out of the box' Pagelines sites.

Do you know of any general issues with the Pro tools plugin that might be causing this?  I noticed the following in the changelog:

• 1.5 Fixed template notification in 1.1 branch
  • 1.4.8 Fix template notifications.
  • 1.4.7 Add navbar to nocache variable

But I am a non-techie, so .... all I know is I am dead in the water.

If you need to look at the site, I'll have to request the server admins move  it to a public url. Right now it's behind a firewall on a dev server. I just wanted to see if you've had any other issues like this. 

greenfly

Hi bscherr

i use the Pro Tools plugins on live and test sites and run the latest versions - if there is ever a problem with the DMS editor not loading it is usually a script or a plugin casuing the issue. Pro Tools is tested before release and not likely to cause this issue. 

best to update to the latest version at all times. 

There are a few things you can do to rule out Pro Tools. 

Disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if the Visual editor continues to hang. 

Remove any custom scripts you may have added to your child theme or DMS. 

If you continue to experience your site hanging - right click in Chrome and inspect element. In the console you will see any issues listed there that are causing issues. 

Also could you go to Visual editor > site settings > advanced and enable debug for any live sites this is happening on and then paste the URL's and we can take a look at your debug info for you. 

Let us know how you get on with this. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bscherr

Disable all non-PageLines plugins and see if the Visual editor continues to hang. 

• I did this already. the only plugin that causes a problem is Pro tools 1.5

Remove any custom scripts you may have added to your child theme or DMS. 

• I have not added any custom scripts. Not even custom css.

If you continue to experience your site hanging - right click in Chrome and inspect element. In the console you will see any issues listed there that are causing issues. 

• I did this on the developer console, and it doesn't list any issues.

Also could you go to Visual editor > site settings > advanced and enable debug

• I have asked the university to move the site over to a public server. Debug is enabled and I will update this post with the information. 

greenfly

ok great - i understand you did all this previously but thought it best to outline the steps. 

Let us know when your site has moved over and if you can create an admin logon for your Wordpress site and send an email to our desk for my attention with the credentials and a link to this forum topic in the email i will jump on and take a look for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"