Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

CSS simple nav tutorial help

Aires
Hi, I would like to make a second simple nav to go with the one that dms offers to replicate a menu on each side of a centered logo. I ran across a few tutorials that use
    and some that use
    . Which would be the best way to go make an exact copy of dms simple nav.

I have not tried these due to me traveling so I am not sure if any will work.

Thanks

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Aires
Some that use ul and some that use div ...ul and div seem to have gotten dropped from the post above

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

James B

Hi Aires, the simple nav is cloneable in DMS. Why not put in a three column section, simple nav, logo, simple nav and in the simple nav options select a different menu for each?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Aires

If I remember correctly because I am not able to log in to my test site to try but the simple nav didnt have many options actually it only had one for styling classes.

And it uses the menu selected in the wordpress menu options am I missing something here

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

The method James mentioned should work (haven't tested myself). However, you can create a navigation with the SimpleNav section and a MediaBox housing your logo image. Like my suggestion here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/32656-centering-fixed-navbar-logo-and-menu-also-resizing-logo/

Please search our forums, before posting!

Aires
James is correct I had some time so I looked into his suggestion.

The reason I didn't see the other options is because some how my child theme had a simple nav section in it which only allowed me to see the styling classes option..after the removal of the simple nav from child sections folder and a reload the other options appeared.

Thanks guys

ndTgvai.jpg

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!