Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lroberts00

Widget

lroberts00    3
lroberts00

I need the background on the Business hours widget to be none.  I've edited the
css of

element.style {

background-image: none;
      background-color: none;

}

and given the background-color: none.  in firefox bug

but when applied to the custom code in pagelines...it doesn't work.

Could someone please help?

www.landmarkstorage.org

greenfly    230
greenfly

You would need to replace the element.style with te custom class you added to the element or the ID or class of the element. 

did you write the code yourself? how is this code added to your site? is it via a plugin? 

<div style="background-color: rgb(241, 242, 243); color: rgb(102, 102, 102); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">

You can see the style is added inline not via a class. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B    436
James B

Hi there, the plugin has the code for the color written into the html, so it's not being applied by a separate stylesheet. The div container for the grey area doesn't have a class so you won't be able to edit it using css using the css/less box. You'll need to edit the inline code directly within the plugin editor but that will be wiped each time you update. The easiest thing to do would be to speak to the plugin author and see if he can provide an update where that div has a class assigned to it so you can edit the color using css without it being wiped on update.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B