Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tsalstrand

Menu Disappears - until hovered over

tsalstrand

OK, so I'm not sure what's going on... I've enabled debugging: http://convertwith.me/?pldebug=1

The issue is immediately noticed when you go to http://convertwith.me and notice that the menu isn't show. However, if you move your mouse around at the top of the page, you'll eventually reveal the menu. It's the strangest thing. 

Part of me wonders if its a caching problem.  I use WP Super Cache. 

However, I haven't made any changes to the site in a while and all I do is update the theme and plugins as appropriate. 

I can get help from the cache developer if that is the case, but I wanted to rule out anything on DMS' side before that.

Thanks!

tsalstrand

One thing I'm wondering - I'm using some fontawesome in the menu... by adding it the following for the navigation label in the WP menu structure: 

<i class="icon-home icon-4x"></i><br/>HOME

However, I saw on github a while back that DMS will be updating to the new font awesome class FA prefix. Has that happened? But that still doesn't explain why it works after you hover over it.

Strange.

greenfly

Definitely clear the cache properly and then try again. We cant do anything to help if you have caching active. Its also important you clear the cace using the plugins instructions. 

Next step remove your Custom CSS and run it through the CSS validator via direct input here.  you will notice there is a possible problem with the hover state of the contact button that the background doesn't show unless hovered over. check there are no issues in your CSS. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

tsalstrand

Martin Davies - thanks for the suggestions. I've cleared the caching plugin (WP Super Cache) and disabled the plugin.  I should have thought of that first, thanks for the suggestion.

Now that it's disabled, would you mind taking a look at it?  The contact button was intentionally designed to do that, but the navigation - not so :(

Thanks!

James B

Hi there, I've just tested the link and the menu appeared straight away when the site loaded. http://screencast.com/t/KoVhIIpNQLp

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

tsalstrand

James B - looks good to me too, thanks for the feedback! I guess it was the cache  :thumbsu:

greenfly

OK good to know it was a simple fix. Caching is a menace sometimes. :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"