Sign in to follow this  
max34061

Changing colour of current page indicator on main navigation

max34061

Hi Using platform pro. When you click on the main navigation and visit a page, the background to that link turns pale grey. How can I change the grey to a different colour (orange in my case) fmpAg.gif My website is http://www.lavapr.co.uk/blog Thanks in advance Matt

cmunns

You'd modify this selector ` .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } `

max34061

Hi Adam, Thanks for the quick reply. I've got the background colour set - but the text is black and a bit harsh on the eye. How do I turn it white? So not this: vlVVR.gif but this when you've clicked that link and are on that page: mn25d.gif Thanks in advance. The site is http://www.lavapr.co.uk/blog and the current custom css is: body{ font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;; } .font-highlight, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, #nav{font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;} #footer { background: #FF5800; } #branding .content-pad { padding:5px 0; } #primary-nav li a { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:1.0em; color:#000000; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.2em; padding:3px 5px; text-decoration:none; text-transform:capitalize; } #primary-nav .main-nav li a:hover { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF5800; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:1.0em; color:#FFFFFF; font-weight:bold;} #primary-nav. main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF5800; } .nav ul li a:hover { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF5800; color:#FFFFFF; text-decoration:none;} #feature_slider .fcontent { width:100%; } #primary-nav li a { padding:3px 13px; border-left:1px solid #EEEEEE; } #primary-nav li:first-child a { border-left:none; } .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a { background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FF5800; }

bryan-hadaway

Simply update Adam's code to: ` .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor a, .main-nav li.current_page_item a, .main-nav li.current-page-ancestor ul a, .main-nav li.current_page_item ul a { color:#fff; background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #F7F7F7; } ` Thanks, Bryan

max34061

Thanks for replying. I tried updating the code and it's not worked. The text is still black not white when you're on that page. Any ideas? Matt

cmunns

It would be `#primary-nav li.current_page_item a {color:#FFF;}`