Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clinton4

DMS page setup box in wp page edit?

clinton4

Hi,

I have 3 templates on my DMS site.

1. I select a template in the "DMS page setup" box for a page.

2. I click "Publish".

3. But the template is not saved to the page.

image.jpg

What is going on?

Danny

Hi,

You can't select your templates from there for pages, this has never been apart of DMS, it has been reported numerous times already and our developers are aware of the problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

clinton4

Why is the box named "DMS page setup"? What function do this box have then? And where do i select a template for a given page?

Danny

You select the template for any given page on the page itself via the DMS editor on the front end.

Please search our forums, before posting!

clinton4

Is there any docs on how i can asign one template to one page and nother template to another page? I do not understand how. I cant find any button that says something link "Save this template to this page".

James B

Hi there,

So when you're on a page and you've got a template that you've already setup and want to apply it to that page. Go to the DMS control panel, click on templates and you'll see a list of all the available templates separated in boxes. Each template will have an option to 'load template' and then an 'actions' button next to it with additional options. To assign a presaved template to the current page you're working on, find the template you want to load in the list and click to load the template on the page. That then loads the template on that page only.

http://screencast.com/t/0W9KEMygZK

However, if the page you're working on is a blog, category, archive page. Then these automatically use the same template, so changes made to any of these will reflect on the other. Eg change the template on the blog page will also change the category page template.

http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/using-templates

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B