Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

insatiableiam

Saving template in infinite loop and Custom CSS can't be added nor Deleted

insatiableiam

I am having difficulties with DMS, I been using it for a few months now and understanding it's not perfect, it has it's bugs but these are just a bit silly, I made a clean install into a new server because we thought an outdated server was bugging out the website (custom css couldn't be saved or added, and templates couldn't be saved, content would get automatically deleted)

So now, we moved the domain to a new server, clean install...no plugins, used only 2 custom CSS which were

#page .aboutcolor h3{
color: #3fd0e4;
}
#page .whitetext {
color: white;
}

The website is www.herouniverse.com 

The problem is, templates were working just fine as in saving but now it sits on an infinite loop as I created more content, and I can't delete CSS nor add CSS, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

I don't think any of these codes can break the system can it? I mean..they are simple custom CSS? it shouldn't  I had to use the section area , area theme to get the white text I wanted on the Products page.

Is there a way I can send you guys a debug information or something so you can see whenever the issue is within the script itself? because I am beginning to think it's something on the backend. 

I'll appreciate any feedback, thanks

Danny

Hi,

An infinite loop can not be caused by adding CSS, it can only be caused by JavaScript as far as I am aware. Therefore, I think the best thing to do is for you to enable DMS debug mode so we can take a closer look.

Also contact our helpdesk and provide your sites username and password, also include a link to this topic.

hello at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

insatiableiam

When stuck in the loop, I inspected the element with chrome and this is the error I get

1. POST http://herouniverse.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php 404 (Not Found) jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:5
    1. $.plAJAX.runActionpl.ajax.js?ver=1.1.6:64
    2. (anonymous function)pl.templates.js?ver=1.1.6:94
    3. x.event.dispatchjquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    4. v.handle

Can you make out what's that all about? my experience with anything above html/css is quite amateur as of right now but it seems there's something not playing nice within the admin-ajax.php

Also the odd thing is, I can't change delete/add custom css/scripts on the homepage but yet on other pages I have access to it....but more so I am interested in just fixing the loop right now and then figuring out why the custom code saves on other pages but not the homepage. The loop is only consistent on the homepage, it seems the homepage is the culprit of issues. Is there a way to flush out the script without losing my content? like how it would be on a fresh install? 

James B

Theres a DMS fallback area for scripts in the wp admin. Go to the pagelines tab and you'll see an option for css/LESS and another for scripts. Any custom scripts you've added can be removed from there.

What have you got on the homepage? Sounds like there's a script or an embed code on there which is causing the editor to loop. The debug tab doesn't show anything out of the ordinary, just that you have the DMS Pro tools plugin active. I would advise deactivating that as well whilst testing, as some of the options in that plugin can conflict if not applicable to your server setup.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

insatiableiam

That's the section I am referring to, on that particular page, where the products are, when I go into the pagelines tab settings, you can't edit the CSS/LESS or the scripts, but I can do it on other pages...it makes no sense to me. Same rule applies to saving templates on the page, it sits on an infinite loop on only that site.

I can inspect the element when it's stuck on loop and provide the whole script, but it's really really long....I don't know who will read through that or if a solution will occur but it still doesn't justify why the Custom CSS/LESS/Scripts would lock up like that. I believe it's an internal issue

DMS pro is deactivated and doesn't change any of the existing problems. 

Only codes that are within that page inside the Textbox are simple embedded image codes that are standard images or have an link active to them...nothing out of the ordinary.  I added a Google Analytic script, but that was only after the issue, not before.

I can add content but I am afraid if I ignore the issue, it could lead to more problems in the future and it's not ideal to sit on such 50/50 coin toss.