Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timjay

How do I make post templates appear on each post

timjay    0
timjay

I'm using Wordpress free theme: Platform by Pagelines, the latest version. 

Not DMS

I created a template I'd like to use for a post. I added it to the Wordpress theme Platform folder with all the other Platform php files. 

But I still don't have an option to use one of the templates. How do I make the new templates I created show up as an option for each post??

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Platform isn't built like other Wordpress themes, so you can't build page templates like that. As far as I can remember, as Platform has been a legacy theme since 2012, its not possible to build custom templates. I recommend you upgrade to either PageLines Framework or DMS. In DMS, you can create custom templates in the DMS visual editor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

timjay    0
timjay

Thanks, but the reason I chose Platform is because it's buddypress compatible. Is Framework or DMS buddypress compatible?

Danny    1,327
Danny

I can't imagine Platform is still compatible with BuddyPress to be honest, seeing as it has been considered a legacy theme for almost 2 years. In regards to PageLines Framework, that is compatible with BuddyPress via a plugin, DMS is compatible with BuddyPress. However, some users have reported some issues, our developers have made some changes which resolve these issues, those changes will be available in DMS patch 1.2.

Please search our forums, before posting!

timjay    0
timjay

Thanks,

Well I just created my blog about a year ago and that theme is the one that came up as Buddypress compatible.

So what is the difference between Platform, Framework and DMS and which one is best to use  for my Wordpress site? Should I just get rid of Pagelines??

How do I know when themes become legacy?

James B    436
James B

Hi there, legacy themes are older themes which have been replaced by the next generation project. Platform is around 4 years old now, the latest theme for PageLines is now DMS. This is a free theme but also has an additional subscription service which adds extra functionality, support and editing features. You can download the free version of DMS from your account and take it for a test drive.

Regarding the buddypress issue it would depend on the version of buddypress being used, as not too long ago they had a major update which could cause problems.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
        First of all, sorry for my bad English.  I am developing an ecommeece with wp, woocommerce, PL5 and quickshop, and I need to do some changes in the simple product grid. I want to change the classes of some divs, but I can't find the templates. 
      Also, I change the grid of the category products pages, but I didn't make it correctly.
      This is the cat archive's: http://globosdemar.com/wp/categoria-producto/camisetas-para-ninos-y-ninas/
      Can you help me?
    • poseyg
      By poseyg+
      Could someone explain exactly how the new template sync works or what it is suppose to do?
    • tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+

I have problems with the scroll, someone who can help me?
      Video_1487265541.wmv
    • Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am using Jigoshop on a website that also uses PL5 and am running into an issue where the store pages do not allow me to use the PL5 editor. Is anyone else having this problem or know if a solution? 
      When I open the Chrome console I see the following error:
      site.js?ver=b199df:5 Uncaught ReferenceError: PLData is not defined
          at Object.setMasterModel (site.js?ver=b199df:5)
          at Object.init (site.js?ver=b199df:5)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (site.js?ver=b199df:5)
          at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

The problem can be seen here: http://fingerlakesdistilling.com/shop/ where the sidebar, footer, and header do not show up. Any thoughts?
      Thanks so much!