Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JawDesigns

NavBar Problems on Mobile Phone

JawDesigns

Hi to all,

I'm using a NavBar Section for a site called: http://www.racewaredirect.co which should be going live soon. I'm using Woocommerce which creates pages like Shop and Checkout by default.

For the NavBar I've enabled the 'Hover' functionality to display sub-menus automatically on hover. This is all good. When using a mobile phone the NavBar displays menus at the right hand side of the screen. When I press on the Shop menu item I'm navigated to a random page which is sometimes different on every click/touch. Ideally the Shop menu item on the mobile should navigate you to the proper Shop page which should be: http://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/

Does anybody know how I can fix this? Obviously the above issues only happen on a mobile phone, the problem does not happen when using a desktop computer.

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

James B

Hi James

When I view your site on an iphone it always goes to the shop page when I click on the mobile menu. I've tried a couple of other links then come back to shop back and it seems to be working ok. Did you have something else set for that link previously? Maybe the phone cached it, try clearing the cache in the phone browser.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

lbhansen

I am also having a problem with NavBar on mobile phone.

When I had [Active dropdowns on hover] enabled, the menu button did nothing. If I moved to another page via a link on the home page, pressing the menu button brought up a blank menu. If I then scrolled vertically, the top and bottom of the menu area would flash with hints of what the menu should be.

Based on this message thread, I disbled dropdowns on hover. I also cleared history on the mobile browser. Now when I press Menu, it opens the blank menu.

I use Windows Phone 8 with the native IE browser.

James B

Hi there

So with the active dropdowns on hover, when the mobile button/menu was pressed it didn't activate the side menu at all? On another page it opened the space for the menu but there was nothing there?

Is the site in question the one linked in your main profile? I checked this on an iphone and I get http://screencast.com/t/Mi6IwqBS2cFE

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

JawDesigns

Hello James B,

I just thought I would mention that the page is now successfully navigated to the 'SHOP' page and not a random page so fingers crossed the issue will not arise again?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, J

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

James B

Excellent, let us know how you get on. Thanks for updating the thread.

James B

JawDesigns

Hi James,

Sorry but I am having the same problems again only on a mobile device. If you go to: http://www.racewaredirect.co & using the menu on a mobile phone please try and select any of the pages in 'SHOP'. It doesn't matter what menu item I select (under the shop menu) it shows the same page. My client has the same problem on his mobile as well. It would be great to get some help on this soon if possible please.

​Note: This problem does not occur when using my laptop, it only happens on a mobile phone.

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Simon

No, its like it on desktop too. Its the caching. Contact flywheel and tell them you are using woocommerce and are having varnish cache issue. Tell them I sent you.

JawDesigns

Ok thanks Simon,

I will contact Flywheel now and I'll let them know what you mentioned above.

Thanks for the help!

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

JawDesigns

Hi Simon,

I have contact Flywheel and they have disabled caching on my entire site but the problem still persists for then shop sub menu pages on a mobile phone. Flywheel said that as they have disabled caching it is likely to be a Pagelines issue.

Flywheel did also ask if Pagelines might have any more ideas about things we can check on the server?

Thanks, James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Simon

Our site is on flywheel, we use woocommerce. I have no idea how they made it work. They just did. We made no server adjustments as we have no server access, same as you.

JawDesigns

That makes sense if you guys also use woocommerce and Flywheel. I'm dealing with Josh from Flywheel, do you know him Simon? I guess it wouldn't make much difference if you guys communicated regarding the issue I am having. I will respond to Josh anyway to let him know what you mentioned above.

Thanks, James 

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

Simon

I replied via email.

Disable the section cache.

Disabling plugins or anything 'cache' related should have been the 1st thing you tried ;)

JawDesigns

Thanks Simon,

Flywheel disabled the 'section cache' I have checked in Pagelines Pro. Everything seems to be working well now. Thanks for your help and support with this.

Have a great weekend!

James

James Wilson

Designer & Photographer

James B

Glad to hear you're all up and running, thank you for updating the thread.

James B