Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

Custom CSS not showing up

jane

Hi,

I've noticed that although all my custom css is saved it's not rendering on the page.

For example, every other section on this page has a pale grey background however when the page loads it's all white. Also the iboxes are showing up as circles when I changed the it to square.

Any idea why that is?

Simon

Your css probably has a validation error, so it does not get included.

Run the css through an online validator.

jane

Hi Simon,

I used w3 validators, made adjustments but still it doesn't work...any suggestions? Or maybe a better way to validate *just* the custom code I'm trying to use?

Simon

Perhaps paste the css into a pastebin so we can look?

jane

Hi Simon,

It's interesting; the fatal errors are all refer to the gold button that can be found on the page but that still renders properly.  Why would that effect other things like the border around the ibox?

James B

The validators don't all like css3, if you're using W3 validation make sure you set it to css3 http://www.impressivewebs.com/css3-validation/ That code in the gold button is cross browser code as well so it could well be it doesn't like the code used there.

Your css looks correct, the last line however is background colour: #ca972b; missing the - between background and color.

background-colour: #ca972b;

I would copying all your css and pasting in to a blank word/email so you have a copy. Then past each line in one by one to see where the code breaks and the changes stop taking effect.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jane

I went through line by line as you suggested and everything but for my gold button was OK. So I cut out all the code for my gold button, saved it and refreshed then suddenly everything that wasn't working, worked.

I added back *some* of my gold button css (basically cut out all the cross browser code), validated that and put it back in.

Thanks for the advice Simon and James; I never noticed the direct input part of w3c validation service before - I'll be using it more often.

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!