Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

amb62137

Comments on Blog Posts

amb62137    1
amb62137

Hi!

Is there an issue with using Disqus and PageLines?

I am having a hard time enabling comments on my blog posts page. I think they may be there, but I can't figure out why there isn't an "Add Comment" link anywhere. If I click on the individual blog post link, the comments are there. But on the main Blog Page itself, they aren't.

I have also tried disabling Disqus and using the WordPress comments system but no luck either way.

Please let me know if you might have a solution!

Here is my blog site: http://laceandlemon.com/blog/

Simon    247
Simon

You cant have comments on the blog page. The comments will only display on the post page.

• Similar Content

• mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh
      Guys,
       When I add a Magazine layout it only shows text based comments and does not render my configured Disqus plugin.
      Can we add the same "comment panel" support to Magazine as "content" uses or am I missing something?
      -MrHinsh
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Does the magazine section not support comments?  I have comments allowed but they aren't showing on post pages and there doesn't seem to be a way to add a comments section in either.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I have installed and activated the disqus comments plugin and no matter what I do the comments will not show up on my posts. Is this a know glitch with disqus and pagelines?
    • Jason J
      By Jason J
      Hello all,
      I realize there's a chance that this super-basic question is going to make me look foolish, but I can't find a setting for it.
      Most blogs I come around allow people to reply to a specific comment (there's a reply link for each comment as opposed to just one reply at the bottom of the comment list).
      On a blog I manage that's using Pagelines (and foolishly not a child theme), there's no such reply link for each comment, only one at the bottom of the page.  I thought maybe there was a comments setting somewhere that would enable "in-line" commenting, but I couldn't find one.
      Am I overlooking something very basic, or is it a matter of adjusting the theme code to allow this?
      Thanks in advance,
      -jason