Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa Haran

moving a site

Lisa Haran

hi guys,

Could you refer me to documentation in how to move a site hidden in a sub folder to the main root folder.

So move from www.site.com/testsite/ to www.site.com/

Is this even possible with DMS.

Thanks as always

Lisa Haran

have moved a wordpress site before but now that I am using DMS I wanted to check with you if it was any different

James B

Hi Bren, if moving a site you've created in a local environment to a live site you can literally use the json export and database export settings inside WordPress and DMS.

You can use the following process.

• Back up your database.
  • Copy any custom CSS, functions and any other code you may have added into a code editor or bank email so you have a copy saved.
  • Go to settings>import/export and export your PageLines settings.
  • Export your database via the wp admin menu > Tools > Export
  • Follow these instructions on how to install PageLines DMS on the new site.
  • Import your database via the wp admin > tools > import
  • Import your PageLines DMS settings via Settings>import>export via the DMS control panel.
  • Re-establish your WordPress menus Appearance → Menus and click Save.
  • Move all of your widgets back to the desired locations Appearance → Widgets.
  • Insert your your License key.
  • Paste your custom CSS, functions, etc, that you copied earlier back into your new site.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Lisa Haran

Hi James,

Thanks for all that info, much appreciated, but I will be moving from a live site

www.site.com/testsite to www.site.com so is it any different to what you outlined above

Danny

Hi,

There isn't anything really different, you just move sites. Of course having backups of your Theme settings, CSS etc..

Please search our forums, before posting!