Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fabienfons

DMS Pro Tools plugin makes my website crash

fabienfons

Hi,

When i activate the DMS Pro Tools plugin on the wordpress admin, if i log out in the wordpress admin, the links of my websites doesn't work anymore !!!!!!

The url is ok but what is displayed on the screen is not correct...

​It's a big big problem, when i deactivate the DMS Pro Tools plugin, i works perfectly :)

Please, help !!

Fabien

Danny

Hi,

Please disable section caching on the DMS Pro Tools, the option is experimental and some server configurations don't like it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

fabienfons

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I am a pagelines addict :)

James B

Great to hear you've resolved, thank you for updating the thread.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

sheilahoff

This should be a sticky post. I wasted a ton of time trying to resolve an issue until Ellen Moore saved me and told me this same thing. I thought I was going crazy!

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Rob Thomas

How could this information not be widely disseminated? Honestly, this should be stated clearly in the plugin itself (warning: this is experimental). 

jmad

@Simon_P 

My Pro Options don't look anything like the image you posted.  I'm using version 1.5 isn't that the most recent?

They just show the below which doesn't include any warning. 

Section Caching. Section Cache

This simple cache uses wp_transients to store rendered sections HTML saving a few db queries.
If you are using a PHP OP Cache like APC/Memcached this can make quite a difference.
DISCLOSURE: THIS IS NOT GOING TO BE A MAGIC FIX FOR SERVERS MADE FROM CHEESE
This will only work with DMS 1.0.4 and above.

James B

1.5 is the latest version of the plugin. I've just upgraded and see - http://screencast.com/t/UalgToKWt8D1

Might be worth reinstalling the plugin to make sure the files are overwritten and you do have the latest version installed.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmad

I redownloaded the plugin and reinstalled and it's there.  Why wouldn't it have showed before because I just upgraded the plugin when prompted there was an update.  The update seemed to have installed and work properly.  Did you guys change something in 1.5 after it was pushed to WP for install?

Danny

I upgraded the same way you did and that message was there, so not sure as to why you didn't see it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

ANOTHER unexplainable DMS mystery.  

Simon

ANOTHER unexplainable DMS mystery.  

Might be a mystery for you, but the answer is simple. That fix was added to the code, but the version has not been incremented. Didnt think it was necessary to force 1000's of users to update just to add a bit of text.

jmad

Simon_P

Then why wouldn't Danny"] or @[member="James B mention that in their posts?  If you are going to be so arrogant in your support forum then maybe the support staff should be in the loop so they can adequately address questions.  Neither Danny or James seemed to know about the change just that the version they had did show the warning.  

Had one of your support team indicated this was a change and we needed to reinstall the plugin that would have cleared the issue right up and then it wouldn't have been a mystery.  I know that I am not the only DMS user experiencing frustration with the communication.  I'm trying to hang in there with DMS but it's getting more difficult every time these types of issues come up. 

Don't change things in a version without telling people.  How in the world are users supposed to know that they are working with the complete current version.  

Wanted to add...on a positive note I see a lot of good things happening in the sites running v1.2; popout mobile menu works and some other things that seem much smoother.

Simon

I wasn't being arrogant. You posted the question at 3am, I was in bed.

jmad

@Simon_P 

Moving forward....

When does the Pagelines team estimate the Pagelines.com site will be working in Firefox?  I'm still seeing empty boxes where the image of the sites should be scrolling.

I'd really like to pitch DMS as a solution to a client.  The client uses Firefox as their primary browser.   I understand your site is running v1.2 and that it's not an official release yet but that's going to be a road block for sure.  

Simon

@Simon_P 

Moving forward....

When does the Pagelines team estimate the Pagelines.com site will be working in Firefox?  I'm still seeing empty boxes where the image of the sites should be scrolling.

I'd really like to pitch DMS as a solution to a client.  The client uses Firefox as their primary browser.   I understand your site is running v1.2 and that it's not an official release yet but that's going to be a road block for sure.  

Those glitches were in our child theme, I just fixed them :)