Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ppotent

Anchor links: from one page to another

ppotent

Okay, I know how to create anchors. And I've got anchors working on the same page. What I can't working (as an example) is putting an anchor link in an ibox on one page, that links to a masthead on another page. 

Currently I'm using: /page#anchor for my link and <a name = "anchor">Text</a> for my anchor. But it doesn't work.

So first, do anchor links work from one page to another page in DMS?

If so, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

What you would want to do is add a TextBox or MediaBox above the section you want to link to. That should work.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ppotent

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your suggestion. I've just tried that now and no it doesn't work. Got any other ideas?

Thanks

James B

Hi there, I've just tested this in a text box using the full link followed by the anchor ID on the page I want the link to appear on, then on the page I want it to link to placed another textbox with the anchor link in. 

So on one page in a textbox

<a href="http://mysite.com/#myanchor">My text anchor</a>

In another page in a box box in the place I want it to link too.

<a name="myanchor"></a>

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

ppotent

Ahhhh. Anchors work in Chrome and Firefox but don't work in Safari, which also means that no anchors will work on iOS devices, which kinds sucks. 

nfp1900

Was this confirmed about anchors not working in safari or iOS?

Danny

You do it like this:

Add the following to your Menu link

#X

Replace X with anything you like. Then go to your content and add the following:

<a id="X"></a>

Again, replacing X with anything you like as long as it matches what you added to your link. This works in all browsers. The <a name=""></a> is not supported in HTML5.

nfp1900

I got it working fine on a page with some copy that had to link to something elsewhere on the page, thanks

Danny

No problem.

ppotent

I am running Safari 7.0.3 on Mac OS 10.9.2 and the anchor links do not work across pages. I've changed my link to <a id="X"> from <a name="X"> as Danny suggested. It works within a page on my system, but not across pages. It also does not work on my iPad or my iPhone (iOS 7.1.1).

See: http://www.performancepotential.com.au/organisational-potential. Scroll down to Laser Coaching and there is a link that should take you to: http://www.performancepotential.com.au/executive-potential#lec

ppotent

Thanks for the link Danny. Safari on Mac OS and iOS need it to be in the form: domain.com/#anchor, not domain.com#anchor, which seems to be supported in Chrome and FireFox,,, on Mac anyway.

Problem solved.

Danny

Awesome!

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

• Similar Content

• Ryan Logan
      By Ryan Logan+
      Hello all.  I added a new Anchor this morning and it doesn't work correct.  Meaning, each Anchor redirects to the Home Page of the website.  All of my previously created Anchors continue to work.  Any new Anchors do not.

Sites
      accuritpresence.com (Main Site) ryanleelogan.com (Test Site)  
      Troubleshooting Steps
      Create new Anchors on different pages/sections and test (Fail) Edit existing/working Anchor w/ newly-desired Anchor settings and test (Success) Cleared IE, FF and Chrome caches.  Tested in all browsers.  (Fail) Disabled all plugins and test (Fail) Upgrade DMS Pro tools to latest version and test (Fail) Upgraded from DMS 1.07 to 2.1 (Fail) Created new, test Anchors on a completely different DMS website and test.  (Fail) Anchor That I Can't Get To Work:  http://accuritpresence.com/#photography

Thanks in advance.
      Ryan