Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

Category pages pulling SOME double content

KimAnn03    2
KimAnn03

All my category pages are pulling some content twice and placing it on top the image.

For a few examples see:

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/category/moon-report

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/category/numerology-of-the-day

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/category/channel-of-the-week

This is not only for my archives it happens when I create a brand new post also.

I have already deactivated all plugins and it didn't fix the issue.

When I inspect the element on one of the CATEGORIES using chrome it I get this info:

<aside class="post-excerpt">THE PRESENT OF PRESENCE - With the advent of the New Year upon you, NOW would be a good time to be in the NOW… not tomorrow, not yesterday, or 5 seconds ago… but now. If you are looking for something new in your life, and you’re hoping 2014 will bring it to you, then [...]</aside>

Please advise and thanks!

Kim

greenfly    230
greenfly
Would you mind screenshoting the settings used for the post loop please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

KimAnn03    2
KimAnn03

Here are the settings...i've tried many different variations and nothing changes.

Also see: THIS POST I just commented onin the Pagelines forum because the shortcodes for meta settings are also not working...maybe it's interrelated?

post-settings.jpg

James B    436
James B

From looking at the screenshot that's a category page, not a single post. So the category page usually displays like the main post page, its has a series of posts all relating to that category, usually displayed as excerpts. In your settings you've checked the 'show full post content' options (this is the area where it says you can reverse) and by default excerpts are showing as its a category page.

So if you want full posts to show on the category page, check the 'hide excerpts' option on the far right. If you want excerpts to show check the option to reverse the 'show full posts'.

• Like 1

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!