Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjornhedensjo

Typekit problem

bjornhedensjo    1
bjornhedensjo

Hi,

I use Typekit to get museo slab font instead of the standard fonts on my website http://bjornhedensjo.se/

It works on the entire site except for one place – I seem unable to get Typekit to work in the caption below the picture to the right on the site (the "Highlight"). As far as I can tell I've used all the relevant selectors (such as .highlight-subhead) in Typekit but I still can't get it to work – override CSS – in that particular place. 

Would be very grateful for any ideas on how to fix this.

greenfly    230
greenfly
Could you add in the selectors you have used to the PageLines paste service and paste the link into the reply please and we can take a look

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bjornhedensjo    1
bjornhedensjo

I'm unsure what the PageLines paste service is, but the selectors I used are the following:

.highlight-subhead

body

h1

h2

h3

h3.highlight-subhead.subhead

h4

h5

h6

media="all"

Danny    1,327
Danny

I think your problem is that you have this:

<h3 class="highlight-subhead subhead">

<font>

<font class="">Journalist, consultant, aspiring psychologist at KI. </font>

<font>Author of A perfect night.</font>

</font>

</h3>

Why do you <font><font class=""> after the H3 highlight-subhead tag ?

This is likely your problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bjornhedensjo    1
bjornhedensjo

Thanks, I'll try it!

James B    436
James B

Keep us posted, let us know how you get on.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bjornhedensjo    1
bjornhedensjo

Thought I was about to solve it, tried different selectors in Typekit and some changes in the custom CSS, but none of it worked. Ended up using one of the fonts in pagelines that was acceptable in that particular place. So I've given up, but that's ok :)

Danny    1,327
Danny

I had no issue with TypeKit, when I did a quick test. Therefore, if you can provide the exact steps you taken to try and get Typekit to work, we may be able to see your problem.

However, I think using Google Webfonts is better in my opinion, you can download our old plugin from here which installs about 500+ more fonts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2zc6rjjrrfj9b4/plugin-pagelines-googlefonts%20%282%29.zip

Just download, install the plugin like any other Wordpress plugin and once activated, goto Typography and your fonts list should now contain a lot more fonts.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

bjornhedensjo    1
bjornhedensjo

Great, thanks! I'll check out the Google fonts.

• Like 1

greenfly    230
greenfly

Let us know how you get on. 

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• ketri
      By ketri
      Hello.

My problem is that if I declare font-families, I'd like to just declare one for the body and one for headings. It works pretty nicely with Typekit, @font-face etc by using something like 

function my_pless_vars( $vars ){     $vars['plBaseFont'] = '"proxima-nova";';     $vars['plHeaderFont'] = '"proxima-nova";';   return $vars; } on my functions.php or 

#site{ h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6{font-family: "proxima-nova";} font-family: "proxima-nova"; } on my less -file.

This works nicely, but the thing that I find annoying is thad modals, buttons, forms and some navs use the @defaultFont which means that I have to override them one by one. What is the reason that they have their own font-family declared? 

I think their font should just be the one set by the user from google fonts with DMS, or set via function, less or CSS from something like typekit. 
      For example my font in a project is proxima nova. And the fonts for modals, buttons etc is Open Sans. So I  almost did not see that they have a different font which is also a problem.

So why do they have a font-family declared again in a way that requires more effort if I don't want them to have Open Sans?

Thank you very much!

EDIT: By changing the @defaultFont I change the font-family on the DMS controls, which make sense, but I also change the font-family on buttons, modals etc. which in my opinion does not. Maybe it's a bug or I'm missing something...?  :)
    • webmktco
      By webmktco+
      In the previous PL, I would add a typekit script in the Custom Code section of the Site Options.  

How do you recommend we do this for DMS?  
    • janpeeters
      By janpeeters+
      Hi,

I'm learning to use less for website customisation.
      So far I'm really enthousiastic about the idea of variables.
      My custom style.less file works but one thing I don't get to work is the following:

I'm using Typekit for www.panassembla.com
      Typekit is working when I use it in the conventional way, but when I add the Typekit font to the variables in style.less like this it doesn't load the Typekit font but shows Times New Roman:

@baseFontFamily:        "ff-tisa-web-pro",georgia,serif;
      @baseFontWeight:        400;

For now I've reverted to adding the font family to classes (this works like it should) but I'd love to get this working as a variable.
      Hopefully you know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks, Jan