Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Nav Bar Pop Out Mobile Menu Sometimes Blank/White

jmad

On a test build site I have....madsky1.wpengine.com I have only changed the color of the pop out mobile menu and removed the RSS icon.  The menu works (most of the time)....about every third click of the menu button the mobile menu appears but is just completely blank/white.  

greenfly

Hello @jmad 

What method did you use to change the color of the mobile menu? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jmad

Just CSS

.pl-mobile-menu {
  background-color: #062833 !important;
}

James B

Is this only happening on a certain browser? I've tried clicking on the mobile links on safari/firefox and an iphone on your test site and have been unable to see this affect happen so far.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmad

It's on safari, iphone5 and you have to click it then close the popout then click again.  If you wait 3 or four seconds before clicking again it works fine.

Danny

You do you have a link to your site so I can test this please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

OK, I see the issue, have you added any custom code at all including scripts?

Can you disable all plugins and remove all styling and see if this something that is happening in core or due to your styling changes.

jmad

I'm running straight DMS no Child Theme installed and have no custom scripts just CSS.  I disabled the only plugin I had running Contact Form 7 other than DMS Pro Tools1.4.9.  I removed all custom CSS  and cleared the cache and it's still happening.  Let me know if you need me to disable DMS Pro Tools.

Danny

yeah disable all plugins including DMS Pro Tools and if possible, remove all your custom scripts and CSS and then see if the problem persists.

jmad

@ Danny

I've now disabled DMS Pro Tools and had already removed custom CSS and didn't have any custom scripts.  I flushed the cache and refreshed everything short of logging out of WP.  Problem is still happening.

jmad

Danny any ideas what might be causing the issue?  I'd like to at least drop my CSS back in so I can work on the site more.  

jmad

Danny

Did you have a chance to look at the site with everything deactivated?  The issue still seems to be happening...so I assume it's something to do with DMS? 

Danny

Yeah menu is working fine on Safari without your customizations. Have you checked yourself ?

jmad

Danny

Yes and I still have the same issue with Safari on the iPhone.  My customizations aren't there but the problem still is.

Tested on a different device Galaxy phone and it still has a similar issue...after the first couple of clicks on the menu, closing the menu and clicking again,  a white area appears and the menu fills in...maybe on the iphone the menu just isn't pulling all the way?

Danny

Im not having this issue now that its the default Navbar, not on Safari or Chrome for iPhone. I will link your topic to a few of my colleagues and see if they encounter the problem. When your code is disabled, I see no white flicker or white background when opening and closing the mobile menu quickly.

jmad

Danny

Thanks.  I need to drop my CSS back in soon so I can work on the site.  But I might start with a fresh install and see what happens there.  The glitch isn't a deal breaker but it is supper annoying.  I wonder if it's because I have two NavBars on the home page?  One is in the header and the header is hidden and then the other is in the first template area.  However, the glitch doesn't just happen on the home page.

Anyway, I'll leave the site code and plugin free until I hear back.

jmad

Danny

I just did a fresh install on WPEngine and they are running PHP v5.3.2.  I installed only DMS and Pro Tools, added one page and the NavBar to the header and the problem occurs.  I deactivated and deleted the ProTools plugin and the problem still exist.  Could the PHP version have anything todo with this?

The new site is cvittpiano.wpengine.com.  I'm going to start adding CSS to this new build but the other site is still active.

jmad

Danny

I looked through the DMS show us your work page and found several sites using NavBar that have this very same issue.  I've tested on several devices iphone 5c, iphone 4, iphone 5, galaxy skyrocket...tested over wifi and mobile and same results.  Several months ago the issue was that once you opened the popout mobile menu and then closed it...it would reopen sporadically.  That issue was seemingly resolved but replaced by this.  Simon_P this is one of those reliability issues that I was talking about in another thread.  Although not the end of the world in my opinion, many clients wouldn't let this type of thing go by.

I have to move on to using HeroNav at this point and hope it's not destroyed with v1.2 whenever it arrives.  

http://healthylifestylesmt.com/

http://atcdomainworld.com/musictutor_andrico/

http://knoxgoldexchange.com

http://paradisejewelrybyeditha.com

James B

I can confirm it's happening intermittently on various sites, at least on an iphone. I managed to get a screenshot - http://screencast.com/t/f8rMAlpU

I will speak to the core team and see what they can advise, it's very hard to see what could be causing it from a moderator point of view as there's no way to look into the css on the phone. As soon as we have more info we'll update the thread, the Core team don't work weekends so it will probably be Monday or after before we receive any feedback.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B