Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mooihoek

Blank Landing Page

mooihoek

I'm trying to create a simple blank page but I notice when I remove the footer, header which are global options this affects the whole site, how can I have a blank page and then build on top of this?

greenfly

The Header and footer are global sections so changes made to them affect the header and footer on all pages. 

You could try adding a class tot he styling class field to the header and footer of something like 'noshow'

And then in Custom CSS add CSS that only applies to the page you want to be the Blank Landing Page 

.page-id-32 .noshow {
Display:none;
}

Where 32 is the Id of the page you want to hide the header and footer. You can see the ID of the page by going to Wordpress > Pages > All Pages. and hovering over the page titles. The ID will appear in the browser info in the bottom of the browser. 

this will apply the CSS to hide the elements on that page only. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"