Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suerama

Brower specific css for Safari text weight

suerama

Hi, my body text is rendering too light in Safari on my Mac. I'd like to change the weight of the body text but don't know how to do that. 

Can someone please steer me in the right direction.

The font is way too thin in the navbar and in buttons particularly, where there are internal shadows.

greenfly

Hi suerama

Could you provide a link to your site so we could take a look at this please? 

Different browsers handles Font and styles differently. There may be a solution using CSS. have you tried this? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

suerama

The site is ramacommunications.net

I've tried using css to change the font weight globally in the navbar, just because I didn't have a clue how to change the weight in Safari only. But so far the css I've used hasn't had any effect there. I couldn't even get it to change in the chrome developer UI.

Here is what I've tried so far:

.navbar .navline > li > a {
font-weight: 500 !important;
}
.section-navbar {
margin: 0px auto;
font-family: Raleway;
  font-weight: 500;}

Danny

When you have the Browser Specific CSS option enabled, what happens is your site will now include some new classes in your body tag, these are specific to the browser/device you're viewing your with.

So what you will want to do is prefix your code with the safari class. You can find more information about this in our documentation.

http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/browser-specific-css

Please search our forums, before posting!