Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mooihoek

Corporation Theme - Iboxes Issue

mooihoek    1
mooihoek

I'm trying to remove the default text when using iboxes, does anyone know how this can be done?

Website is http://tinyurl.com/knxoves  iboxes on the home page contain the default text " Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean id lectus sem. Cras consequat lorem."

I want to remove this text and have no text

James B    436
James B

If you place no text in the ibox then the default text will display until you edit something else inside the box.

You can hide the text in the boxes completely by using css. Simply copy and paste the below code into your css panel and save to remove the text field from the live page.

.ibox .ibox-desc {
    display: none;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

mooihoek    1
mooihoek

thanks James, is there a way of removing the "More" link as well? 

James Giroux+    2
James Giroux

To remove the 'more' link you've got to jump into the php and edit the section itself.  The best way to do this is to add it to the theme's sections folder (copy and paste from DMS) and edit it there. If you edit it within the DMS folder, the next time DMS updates, you'll lose all your customizations.  Remove the word 'more' from line 276 of the section.php file and you should be good to go.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

• Similar Content

• Claude203
      By Claude203
      I'm using Hover and would like to know how to disable it for mobile devices. This below is what I am using (with custom styling class "hover-box") but the Hover section still appears. Thank you.

@media only screen and (max-device-width: 700px) {
      .hover-box { display: none; }
      }
    • bjs198
      By bjs198
      Hey James,

Love Hover, it's perfect for my business site but just wondering how I can use more than 9 boxes at once? See how it seems not to format correctly when I add 10 or more...

http://www.rednomadstudios.com/

Also like to know the recommended size for background images too :) I've been going for 500x500... is it possible to set the image to center rather than top align do you think? Or is that dependent on each boxes hover-over style?

Cheers

Barney

edit - fyi I don't have your theme, just using the standalone Hover product uploaded to DMS2...
    • kwp4petar
      By kwp4petar
      Hi, i'm trying to get the hover background to be completely transparent.  The closest i've gotten so far is using a 75% opacity grey box I made in photoshop and set that as a background-image:

.jgHover figure {
        background-image: url("...");
      }

but that only changed one of the hover 'tiles', and even then the transparency revealed a blue (and now grey) box behind it.  

My goal here is to have a 100% transparent box with a 2px white outline and the header showing, and that's it.  Then it behaves like normal with showing the content.

Another question I have is: How do I know what a good image size is to use for this section?

On your site you have a beautiful 3x3 layout of your staff with no spacing in between what so ever, each having a unique animation. How was that accomplished? Was special padding customizations used?

Also, when I played with the animations on first installing the section, I noticed that the image gets a grey 'overcast'(?) over it.  Here's an image below using the Niall animation on the far left, while the other two remain as Charlie:

(side question: what is the default size image being used here?)
    • mooihoek
      By mooihoek
      I seem to be having some issues replicating the NAVBAR using the Corporation theme, I've imported the content but I just can't get the same effect at http://corporation.jamesgiroux.co/, when you select the buttoms at the top they are highlighted by a colour under the text

My website is http://tiny.cc/4j5ndx

Any ideas whats going on here?
    • Stephen
      By Stephen
      Hi James, 

I'm attempting to add three bottom-borders at the bottom of the nav bar and I need them to be in the following order:

1) yellow
      2) black
      3) green

I've been successful with two - the yellow and the black border. 

I've identified two selectors and successfully added the following: 

// THE BLACK BORDER IS HERE //   .section-navbar { border-bottom: 8px solid black !important;   }  
      // THE YELLOW BORDER IS HERE //   .navbar{ border-bottom: 12px solid rgb(255, 243, 0) !important;  }   I'm having trouble with the third. I'm using firefox and I've found a class called "pl-fixed-top." See the div below. I can modify this in Firefox, by just adding a bottom-border property and it works.   <div id="fixed-top" class="pl-fixed-top" data-region="fixed-top"   However, it doesn't work in the custom area of the theme and I can't find the class anywhere in the Less style sheet for both the nav section and the theme. Any ideas?    Tried to send a screen shot, but I'm limited to 2.21kb.