Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Locking Down Visual Editor and a couple other issues

jmad

Will following the Locking Down Visual Editor instructions in the docs lock clients out of being able to edit text in content boxes, iboxes, heros, text boxes, etc?

That is my main question.  

On other client related issues...

...Although I've been a DMS customer since last July 2013 I have never actually ran a client site off the theme because it was a little glitchy and unreliable.  At times I've wondered if the whole DMS framework has a big bug or virus.  The one client site I did try to take live the client complained of inconsistencies in load and it crashed iPads and most mobile devices over and over again and we couldn't resolve, so we built in a themeforest theme mainly because of time and there was a WooCommerce store already well styled, where in DMS with Woo the product columns don't even flow for Mobile.  

However, it seems DMS is starting to turn  a corner and I hope with v1.2 many of the issues that annoy users and clients so badly.  

Why have I continued using DMS?  Because it's a good way do draft concept sites and test flow and marketing.  AND I'M really hoping to see a GREAT product for designers and developers to use!  This Framework probably will never be for the common user unless they want a very basic site but I think that's good as DMS can really fill a market.

Danny

HI,

Is this feedback or do you have a support question ? Do you want me to move this topic to the ideas and feedback forum ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

Danny

This was the question

Will following the Locking Down Visual Editor instructions in the docs lock clients out of being able to edit text in content boxes, iboxes, heros, text boxes, etc?

That is my main question.  

Moving it too feed back would be fine.

Danny

Of course, you're locking the editor to a specific user, so clients who are not on that list, won't be able to use the editor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

Any plans to change the way that's handled?  Let clients adjust the text in the sections/components but not have access to the other pieces?