Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Text Boxes Disappeared

jmad

What causes this to happen?  I'd saved, been working in the Editor for a while, hadn't touched the text boxes, enabled code prettify in settings and tow of the text boxes vanished.

Is this type of issue being addressed v1.2?

James B

Hi there

Section saving is being addressed in 1.2 but this sounds like something different.

Was it 2 boxes within the same set that vanished, or 2 box sets that vanished after the prettify code was made active? Did the boxes have any additional code/scripts in or just standard text/images and where were they in the layout?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmad

Two text boxes.  Both in footer area, one at the in the left column of a three column row. One box in a single column sized to one third.  At least one of the boxes had inline styles and classes...using the font awesome shortcode list from your support docs.

James B

This happened on the same page you were working on? Not switched to another page then it vanished etc? In the footer when you created these sections and entered the code, did you place this in the global or local tab for the textbox. http://screencast.com/t/ntIEdwJc8n Local will keep the information just on that one page, global will copy it into the textboxes in that area across the entire site in the footer.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jmad

Same page.  Just clicked the prettify.  Local.

James B

I've replicated the setup and clicked the prettify option but haven't been able to replicate the problem. The boxes stayed in place after the page refreshed. http://screencast.com/t/BLUdHcd93MCy

The only thing I can think is did you refresh the page after entering all the box info but then click prettify without clicking the option to publish the page first? So the changes on the screen weren't saved/pushed live prior to the page refreshing from the prettify option.

I'll leave those boxes in place on my test site and keep an eye on them as making changes to see if they reset at anypoint when making other edits.

James B

jmad

I don't know.  The boxes that disappeared had been there since the day before so I'm sure they were saved.  Regardless, sounds like a plan.