Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janpeeters

Section Cache bug?

Recommended Posts

janpeeters

Hi,

 

A while ago I noticed a problem with the DMS Pro plugin Section Cache that I reported on the Github Pagelines DMS Pro plugin tracker. 

 

I noticed that when I switched to English from Dutch on www.janpeeters.nl/blog the content of the page stayed the same (Dutch posts in post loop and English posts in RapidTabs)
When I was logged in the page properly switched content when switching languages. When logged out it got stuck again.

I found out that the Pagelines Pro Section Cache caused this problem. When I deactivate the cache everything works well.

Note: For example the Flipper section on the front page doesn't seem to be troubled by this. It switch languages well even with cache enabled.

I'm on DMS 1.1.6 with the latest Pro plugin and latest Polylang

Today I noticed another strange behavior with the Section Cache active. On the site www.lovo.nu content was displayed that didn't belong on a specific page. E.g. my Event Manager 'activities' page showed the content of my Contact page. And on my front page the content of that page was replaced with an Event. You might easily conclude that this must be a Event Manager problem. But when I deactivated the DMS Pro plugin Section Cache all went back to normal. 

I've tested this with plugins deactivated except the Pro plugin and behaviour stays the same. 

Is this a known issue?

Thanks, Jan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simon
Some sections/areas clearly do not work with the cache. It is an experimental feature thats why its in a plugin ;)

You can create a WordPress filter with an array of page elements for it to ignore if your inclined to get your hands dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
janpeeters

Hi Simon,

 

The plugin and feature never caused a problem untill recently. If you ask me it got introduced in 1.4.5 or 1.4.6, but I don't know if around those versions something got changed to section caching.

 

I wasn't aware it was experimental, thought it was a plus feature for paying customers. Misinterpreted that.

Hopefully you find the culprit so this starts working again.

 

Thanks for your reply!

Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×