Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peterguirguis

Adding Script to Button in Masthead

peterguirguis

Hi just reading your previous post, the shortcode version is specific to DMS.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to add a script to a button in my masthead section that will open up an opt in form from LeadPages.  Everytime I come to add the script below to the URL field in my masthead and click on the publish button, Pagelines doesn't accept the script.

<a href="https://my.leadpages.net/leadbox/140ca5173f72a2%3A146897a46b46dc/5709068098338816/" target="_blank">Click here to subscribe to my mailing list</a><script type="text/javascript" src="//my.leadpages.net/leadbox-677.js"></script>

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Danny

Hi,

The URL will never accept that, as its not a URL, its HTML code.

If you want to add that code you would be best to add it via a hook or use a MediaBox section and place it beneath the Masthead section, so they look like they're together.

Please search our forums, before posting!

peterguirguis

I like the idea Danny of using the media box section. I added it underneath but I'm not sure how I would get a button that when clicked, would execute the script?

James B

Hi there, media box has a html embed sections in the options panel which you can add html link into.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B