Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Simple Nav

jmad

I'm working on trying to bring a very specific site layout over to DMS and have a few challenges mainly with navigation.

First, on the homepage I would like to have Simple Nav in the header with a transparent background but have the image from the template section below move up behind the Simple Nav in the header...just for the homepage.

Second, I would like a vertical line between each li in the Simple Nav.

Thanks

Danny

HI,

Can you provide a link to a website or an image of what it is you're trying to achieve and we may be able to assist you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

I want to mimic chrisvittpiano.com 

The homepage has different navigation than the other pages.

Danny

In order to achieve the scrolling up effect, what you will want to do is, add a Full Width Section to your template, inside that section add the Simple Nav and upload your image to the the Full Width Section and also Enable Background Parallax option, this should be what you're looking for.

To do the vertical line, you will want to use custom CSS, such as border-right on the Simple Nav li a class.

jmad

That's what I have done.  How then would I get the simple nav to be in the header section of all following pages without it being in the header of the home page.  I tried css saying no simple nav on home page but that cleared the simple nav out of the template section as well.

Danny

You would want to use the .home class from the body to prefix your custom CSS.

jmad

I must be misunderstanding what you mean?  I already tried using the .home class simplenav display none but it didn't work as it removed all the simple nav from the page including what was in template section below the header. 

jmad

I figured it out.  I just needed to hide the pl_area#id of the header on the home page. 

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.