Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Show-Hide on Mobile/Desktop

jmad

With browser window resizing wouldn't basing this off window size make more sense and allow for a better user experience. 

Danny

Hi,

What do you mean ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

I mean when you check that box hide for mobile it doesn't hide based on screen size but rather on device type.   So when everything else is resizing in a browser window the item intended to display on smaller "mobile" screens doesn't appear nor does the content intended for larger "desktop" screens disappear.

Using a class and an @media css works better but it seems if it's built in, screen size should matter more than device type.

Danny

Not sure I get what you mean, are you saying that the hide mobile option should work on your desktop browser when you reduce the browsers window ? Why, its not a mobile device.

I can speak to our developers and see if this DMS Pro Tools option can be expanded, but if you want more precise control, you should just use custom media queries.

jmad

Danny

Why would you want something planned for a larger viewing area showing in your smaller viewing area?  Seems pretty obvious to me.  I'll just use media queries.

Danny

Still not sure what you mean?

Lots of developers set elements where they only show on mobile devices and vice versa. Like I said, if you want to be specific, then media queries are you best bet, or use the Browser Specific CSS option in DMS Pro Tools.