Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chules

Change navbar font size but not fixed navbar

chules

I am using DMS Developer the latest release.  I am using the fixed navbar at the top of my site for links such as careers, contact us, etc.  The default font size is good as I do not wish this to be too large of a font.

For my main menu navigation I'm using the Navbar.  Here I wish to increase the font size.  I tried adding the following code but this does not work. .navbar .navline > li > a {font-size: 18px;}

Also, using firebug I noticed when I change the font-size it changes it for both the fixed navbar and the navbar.

What code would I use to change only the font-size of the navbar leaving the fixed navbar font-size as is.

Thank you

Chules

Danny

Hi Chules,

Can you provide a link to your site so we can take a closer look please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

chules

Danny,

The site is under development and you can access it here, http://162.209.105.165/

It has the site protected plugin on so you need to enter this password to view the site sports12345

I also noticed that while using both the fixed navbar and navbar when you collapse your browser or view on a mobile device only the menu options on the navbar display.  So the fixed navbar menu items do not display at all via mobile and instead show the items on the navbar.

Thank you

Mark

Danny

Hi Mark,

Try adding this to your custom CSS and changing the value to your preference:

#navbaruwqg9o .navline > li > a {
font-size: 16px;
}

chules

Danny I added the code you provided but it did not change the font size on the navbar.  Any ideas?

As always thank you - chules

chules

Danny,

I see a few problems with using both the fixed navbar and navbar on the same site.  The first is the issue where a font-size change impacts both the fixed navbar and navbar.  The second issue is also when collapsing your browser or viewing the site on a mobile device you are presented with two mobile menus. When clicking on these mobile menus you would expect the top one associated with the fixed navbar to display the menu associated with the fixed navbar while clicking the navbar mobile menu would show you the menu associated with the navbar.  This does not work this way as both mobile menu selections show you the exact same menu which is the one associated with the navbar.

As such, I'm going to use ubermenu for my main menu replacing the navbar and to replace the fixed navbar menu will try and come up with something using a text or media box to display a few inline links such as contact us, faq's, etc

Thank you

Mark

Danny

The code worked fine for me, I test all code before posting - http://cl.ly/image/0p2I0p2m3H1p

In regards to the mobile menu, there is only one option for mobile menus so whatever you configure in Settings > Layout & Nav, will be visible on both menus. I personally woud never use both the Fixed Nav and Navbar together anyway.

davidbonnin

Hi Danny, 

I tried all the codes above without success...

I don't manage to change the Font size of my navbar

neither in the footer menu in the section social link.

http://www.davidbonnin.fr/

Thanks for your help

Danny

Hi David,

That code won't work for you as it is using a unique ID that was only related to the OP sites. Therefore,  you will need to locate the ID of your Navbar and replace it in the code. For example:

#navbarumoitgg .navline > li > a {
font-size: 16px;
}

davidbonnin

Hi Danny, 

thanks for your answer, 

i don't understand what the ID of the navbar in the footer.

I select my Menu called "Footer" and that's all

here' s the css code : 

#site .section-navbar .navbar .navline {
float: none;
text-align: center;
}
#site .section-navbar .navbar .navline > li {
display: inline-block;
float: none;
}
.navbar .navline > li > a {font-size: 20px;}

to change the Font size of my navbar

but I still don't manage to change the size font of this footer menu

Danny

I replied yesterday to another topic you have responded in regarding your footer navigation, see here for my response - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/20011-navbar-font-size/

In future, please create your own topic, as the original poster and anyone who has subscribed, will be getting emails to notify them of a response.