Sign in to follow this  
wairoa

Getting Feature Box area to mirror Full Width Sidebar CSS

bryan-hadaway

If possible, can I get an actual live link so that I can do some real-time testing. Keep in mind this is virtual and visible to me only. Thanks, Bryan

wairoa

Hi Bryan, sure... it's travelscoop.co.nz HOWEVER we are transferring DNS as-we-speak so things may appear wonky... (I seem to be missing a graphic here and there, for instance).

bryan-hadaway

Let's start with this and see if I'm on the right track: ` #footer { background:url("../../images/bg_whitepage.png") repeat-x scroll left bottom #F7F7F7; padding:20px;} ` Thanks, Bryan

wairoa

Thanks for the prompt feedback Bryan. Because we are transferring the DNS, and it'll be pointing at a copy of the database, I'm gonna have to cool my heels a bit until it settles down - otherwise I may be updating the wrong database. It's try that first thing when things settle in. Thanks again. :)

wairoa

Hi Bryan, that doe not seem to have any effect on anything. Thanks. DNS is settled now, so I'm having another look at this too.

cmunns

I'm a bit confused. You want the "morefoot" area to look like the feature boxes w/ icons or vice versa. So i short you are trying to add images then?

wairoa

Hi Adam. No, I want the same "morefoot" background effect BEHIND the Feature Boxes w/Icons area. So that the Background behind the Feature Box is grey/silver, and extends 100% width (just like "morefoot"). If you are still unsure I'll try to do a mockup. Let me know.

wairoa

Here you go, this will give a better idea... t9XDJ.png

bryan-hadaway

Let's try: ` #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background:url("../../images/bg_whitepage.png") repeat-x scroll left bottom #F7F7F7; padding:20px;} ` Thanks, Bryan

wairoa

No joy Bryan, but I can see what you are driving at, so I'll have another look and have another play. I'm sure it's something simple.

wairoa

Hey Bryan, #spotlight area seems wrong... I think the area I want replaced is around the .fboxes div. I guess I need a new div container or something?

Andrew

Hey Murray, Are you using Firebug? It might be best for you to use it; as it's hard for us to understand exactly what you're trying to do... Andrew