Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KimAnn03

Sidebar keeps moving to the bottom

KimAnn03

Hi- every time I edit content/post loop information (say from mag layout to list and to full content) my sidebar goes to the bottom of the page and it looks like this:

http://dev.thecosmicpath.com/category/wh-capricorn

No matter how many times I try to drag it in its rightful place it will not work.

Please advise.

I'll be happy to share WordPress login information if need be.

Kim

James B

Seems that some html you've entered in the postloop isn't closed properly and is knocking the page alignment out. There's lots of strong tags appearing in the source code - http://screencast.com/t/SGBIDOYx63Q

Go in to the page editor and check the text/html view to make sure all the html tags are opened and closed correctly, at the moment it looks like one is open and hasn't been closed.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

KimAnn03

Hi james,

I am not sure where you are directing me to go to try and edit the html can you be more specific? Also All my templates are now reading "Template:none"...what gives?

AND I can not edit any of the content/post loop information all of a sudden :thumbsd:

James B

Hi Kim

The content in the postloop is in the page editor. Go to the wp admin area, click on the page tab, then the page in question and the page editor will appear. In the top right of the content editor you'll see the option to switch between visual and text/html view for the content you've written. Thats where you can check on the tags used within the content.

http://screencast.com/t/05zO174xw

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

KimAnn03

Oh ok that is why I am confused...these are not pages they are category pages with posts. So then where should I go? Also keep in mind this is happening on ALL my category and post pages not just one.

Also do you know why none of my templates are showing? They all read Template: none. Something wonky is going on...Lastly when I click to edit Post/page from the frontend of the page it is not letting me edit it.

Danny

In regards to your sidebar position issue, James is spot on, in saying that you have added HTML to one or more of your posts, which hasn't been closed properly or has HTML which is causing your row div to close before the sidebar div, which is causing it to appear on a new row.

So you will need to review all your posts for HTML and resolve the problem.

In regards to the editor not working as intended, its most likely you have a plugin which is causing this issue, I recommend disabling all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue, if that doesn't appear to do anything, then try removing any custom scripts you may have added, via the Custom Options panel or via widgets.

Please search our forums, before posting!

KimAnn03

3 things:

1. the Plugin that is conflicting with the theme editor is WooCommerce...which I chose because you guys said you use it. It's a pretty important plugin for my site so what do you advise.

2. I can not figure out the template issue can someone please look into it. It just reads: Template: NONE no.matter.what. It does not appear to be a plugin conflict.

3. I have over 8,000 posts. What you suggest in regards to scanning individual posts is a nightmare. Any Other solution? I simply can not scan that many posts.  Nevermind I found the culprit and thank god it's only on about 100 posts. Thanks for the insight it was spot on!

Kim

James B

WooCommerce is compatible with DMS, do you have the latest version installed or updated lately. DMS doesn't require the PageLines Woo integration like the Framework used to, so if you have this installed please deactivate it.

I found the existing login details to your site on the email so logged in, all the templates are showing in the editor - http://screencast.com/t/BbCUNnWIxZ0E

Moderator note: Mods, login details if needed are in the admin box at top of page.

James B

KimAnn03
I just downloaded the latest woocommerce, yes.

IMPORTANT: (sorry to bold but I am at a standstill until we figure this out). The template issue is that I have assigned a template to all my pages/posts. Those assignments are no longer showing! At the top of your screenshot you see where it says "template:none." It says none for every page and I have a specific template assigned to each page.

Please advise and thank you.

Kim

Danny

Before, we can assist you further, can you please update to the latest version of DMS and also, can you disable all active plugins and create a couple of pages so we can test your site please.

That way we aren't touching any of your existing pages.

Please search our forums, before posting!

KimAnn03

Danny

I have deactivated all plugins and set up 2 test pages for you. I even created a nav bar in the header for easy access to test pages. Let me knwo if you need anything else or any other information.

Kim

KimAnn03

Hi has anyone had a chance to look at this? Danny @JamesB

James B

That template tab in the wp admin menu is added by the Pro Tools plugin. It doesn't actually affect the templates it just shows which template is being used or its meant to at least. So your templates are still there and being used, for some reason Pro Tools isn't picking them up. This seems to be a bug in the last update of the Pro Tools plugin as I tested on my site using version 1.4.6 and it was working fine, updated to version 1.4.9 and it says none. I will let the Developer team know so this can be patched.

With Pro Tools active

http://screencast.com/t/sgcOyD1l

With Pro Tools Deactive

http://screencast.com/t/w9axP05ndz

James B