Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jennalyn11

Transparent content on page

jennalyn11

Looking to put transparent content background on my home page. Have tried numerous css codes one being

.home .content {
  background-color: transparent; !important;
}

Site is www.showbusiness.ie password protected: eternity

greenfly

Currently your background is set to a blue image. remove this and the background of your content will be transparent rather than the image. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jennalyn11

I want to have the blue image background on every page apart from the home page that's where the problem is?

James B

If you want the image not to display on the homepage you'll need to use background not background-color as technically its an image being applied, no a color etc.

.home

#page-main {
    background: none ;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jennalyn11

Thank you James, that worked a treat!

James B

You're welcome, glad it worked :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B