Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Set a template site-wide

5 posts in this topic

There is nowhere in Pagelines Dokumentation, or in the forum the description a description for:

• "Set a template site-wide" 

Can someone:

• describe to me the exakt impact of this?
  • will this overwrite other templates?
  • etc.

Hi there, do you mean the option to set as the global default? There isn't an option to set a template site wide in the templates panel.

yes, I mean Global Default :) (Even though I had the impression that I copied the wording from the PL documentation)

Ok the global template will be the template thats automatically used for creating new pages and posts. So any page new or existing which doesn't have a custom template assigned will be using the global default.

For example if you never made a custom template, then all pages will be using the default.

So if you edit this and save, then any existing pages will be updated if they are using the global template when you save and refresh the page. Pages using custom templates you've made won't be affected.

great! thx for the indo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Page Content Disappeared when Logged In
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      I am having a unique problem in which our website is appearing correctly when I am logged out of DMS but when I am logged in and view the front of the site the main content area disappears. The page content still exists in the WP editor in the backend but from the front everything disappears. This happens on almost all the main pages but not on every single one which made me think it was a template problem but this is happening across several templates, not just a single one. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
      I am attaching screenshots of the same page when I am logged out versus when I am logged in. Thanks so much in advance for the help!

• Multiple Archive Templates?
      By jennajonesdesign
      Is it possible to have multiple archive templates? Sometimes I don't like to have all of my posts grouped together. On the current site I am working on we have a "Job Openings" section completely separate from a "News and Events" section. All I am trying to do is add a different header to each section, but even when I save as separate templates they keep over-riding each other. I am unlocking first. 
      Is this just error on my part, or is it not currently an option to have multiple archive templates?
      Let me know! Thanks!
    • How would I build this?
      By abuzzelli+
      How would I build a page like this so the content would be editable in wordpress?
      The page scrolls down and there are many sections. I'm not sure how to set up a pagelines template that can be used on many pages that would also be editable in either wordpress pages, posts or widgets. Any suggestions?
    • Scaling down h1-h6 in the template area
      By dgsarnow+
      Does anyone know how to scale down the h1-h6 tags within the template section?
      I want to keep the native sizes in the header, fixed bar, and footer sections.
    • PL-Nextbox issue
      By abuzzelli+
      I'm trying to translate custom PHP templates that a developer coded into pagelines templates. I'm trying to paste the php into a nextbox, but I'm getting this error:
      Looks like your NextBox PHP resulted in an error :/
      Here's the code. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
       * The template used for displaying page content in front-page.php

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
              <header class="entry-header">
                  <?php if ( ! is_page_template( 'page-templates/front-page.php' ) ) : ?>
                      <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
                  <?php endif; ?>
                  <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

<?php get_template_part( 'content', 'vehicle-gallery' ); ?>

<div class="entry-content">
                  <?php the_content(); ?>
                  <?php wp_link_pages( array( 'before' => '<div class="page-links">' . __( 'Pages:', 'twentytwelve' ), 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?>
              </div><!-- .entry-content -->
              <footer class="entry-meta">
                  <?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'twentytwelve' ), '<span class="edit-link">', '</span>' ); ?>
              </footer><!-- .entry-meta -->
          </article><!-- #post -->