Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sschur

Setting up DMS (Paid Version)

sschur

Hi, I'm a paid customer but for some reason I cannot write a new post in the paid section!

I currently use framework but when I try to upgrade to DMS I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pagelines_register_sidebar() in /home/thefede/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/sb_universal/section.php on line 16

Any ideas? I'm willing to pay for support if needed. Just let me know the cost.

THANKS!!!

Simon

You are upgrading from another theme i take it?

DMS uses its own folder. Simply use the theme installer in wordpress and it will install it in the correct place, or ftp the files to wp-content/themes/dms

pagelines folder is used by PageLines Framework, which is different altogether.

sschur

Thank you for your response. I have FTPed it to the correct folder. Not sure what the issue is, very familiar with wordpress and themes. Love your product and have used several different versions of your companies products with no problem. I cannot get DMS to work. I've downloaded and ftp'd it several times with no success. Any ideas?

sschur

OH, and I'm upgrading from pagelines framework theme.

greenfly

Hello sschur

there is no direct upgrade route from framework to DMS as they are completely separate products. You would need to recreate your site in DMS which once DMS is setup will find much easier than using Framework initially. 

The best place to get started using DMS is by following the guides here. http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/system-requirements

Recreate your site is my best suggestion to get started. Install DMS in a local install or sub directory whilst you get to grips with it. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Simon
The WordPress theme you activated looking at your error is in the pagelines folder.

So you did one of the following:
  • You simply uploaded the DMS files into the PageLines Framework folder and thought it might 'upgrade' to another product.
  • You uploaded the DMS files to a different folder than themes/dms and activated PageLines Framework thinking it was DMS.
Regardless of what you did.

Download a fresh copy of DMS.
Upload it to the theme/dms/ folder.
RENAME the broke themes/pagelines/ folder to /pagelines_broken/
Now visit wp-admin.
WordPress will revert to its default theme when it realises the pagelines theme folder has been renamed, you can now go to the themes.php page and switch to your new product.

sschur

Martin, thank you for your reply. The problem I'm having is when I activate the DMS theme in wordpress I get the error mentioned above:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pagelines_register_sidebar() in /home/thefede/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/sb_universal/section.php on line 16

For some reason pagelines framework is not allowing me to activate the DMS theme. I've tested a few other wordpress themes and can activate those with no problem.

Any suggestions?

sschur

Simon, I'll try that, I'll switch to another theme and try and activate DMS from there. I'll do it later tonight. We get a lot of traffic so I need to do that late at night!