Custom CSS Not working

4 posts in this topic

Hello there,

I am using a DMS Child Theme to customize my site and the CSS that has been added via the custom LESS/CSS editor on the front end. The CSS loads fine when I press ctrl+enter (PC) however when I visit the live site none of the custom LESS/CSS shows up. Not sure what I am doing wrong here so a bit of help to get my over would be awesome. I have included screen shots of what the site is supposed to look like.

The live site location is on my profile.

If your custom CSS isn't working upon refresh, its likely you have some errors, you will need to review your CSS and rectify any mistakes.

If that doesn't work, provide a link to your site, with DMS debug enabled (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) and also add your custom CSS to our pastie service then link it in your reply.

The CSS is now working because I am using the Wordpress CSS feature. I believe this overrides any theme CSS however i am not sure if this is the correct method to have the CSS showing. Any thoughts?

Hi there, in DMS you'll need to use the Css/LESS editor inside the DMS control panel.

Once you've entered your css, click elsewhere inside the admin panel so you see the spinning saving icon in the top right hand corner of the DMS control panel. Once its finished saving then click publish. Then you can check the page again for the changes.

Full details of the different methods of making css changes can be found at

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Saving templates
      By Jackey+
      All of a sudden my install fails to save a page as a template. It throws this error:
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'post' of null
      Any idea what is wrong here?
    • DMS2 an "App Aware" theme?
      By vanessabt+
      Hi,  I am looking at bringing on a new client that we are doing a website redesign for.  Ideally I would like to use pagelines for this but we are also going to be potentially using phonegap to build a corresponding mobile app for the client and connecting it through the AppPresser core plugin to wordpress.  One of the conditions in order to do this is that the chosen theme that is installed in wordpress and that the website uses is an "app aware" theme.  Do you know if dms is an "app aware" theme?  I need to confirm this upfront because there will be no time to redevelop the site if it does not work.  We have a tight timeframe to complete the site and then phase 2 will be the app.  Please advise.  Thank you.
      By oseehys+
      Hey Guys, i have been having some fun with PL5, on my test site, still learning and trying to master 3 sections a day, am happy the launch has been postponed its for the best lets master it as much as possible.
      But we still gat to eat with DMS for now, so my issue has been on how to reduce my pin pad size in pinspro, right now it display 3 in a row, like the default theme, but i want it to display 4 in a row, if i reduce my screen resolution to 90% it becomes 4 in a row, that is the perfect size, i cant see any css on the forum be able to reduce the size,  so guys please, please this is very important, i need the css to adjust the size, of all the css @Danny has provided on the forum i cant see anyone that focus on the size reduction except on hiding the bottom meta area, mine is just to reduce the size, checkout the images below, the image with 4 rows is the perfect size i crave to have, while the pinpad with 3 rows is what i currently need to change.
      Thanks Guys for your support all this while.
    • Visibility on mobile - tags or code?
      By mikeeg8+
      Is there a quick way to show/hide things on mobile and desktops please, i.e. like a shortcode or similar?
      I've used a bit of code, but wondered if that was the mode elegant way - is there something built into a media box, for example that would give me a hide on desktop toggle?
      Thank you
    • DMS keeps on bugging out on my new site, plugins ahve been installed and css is correct, know idea why
      By Universal Web Design+
      Any help with identifying the error in dms please. can't seem to find anything