Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kiwi19

Pagelines Google Fonts Plug In Page Not Found

Danny

The Google Fonts plugin isn't needed in DMS, just use the Extra Google fonts option here - http://cl.ly/image/3W2Y1k0D3E2v

Which can be found under the Typography setting.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Kiwi19

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I tried adding Oswald in the Extra fonts and I don't see it appearing in the drop down for Header Font under Text Headers - that's what should happen?

Danny

No, you add the font to the Extra Fonts option, then use it in your custom CSS, for example:

body {
  font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif;
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
}

and so forth..

Kiwi19

Hi Danny,

The custom CSS gets entered in the "</> Custom" section? (Custom LESS/CSS) I tried adding "h1, h2, h3 {font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif;}" there but I only got sans-serif showing up on the page.

Sorry, I'm new to DMS.

greenfly

Hello there

Could you add ALL your custom code by copy and pasting to here and then pasting the link in please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Danny

The problem is, from the looks of your snippet added this:

<link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oswald' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

to your custom CSS, that isn't custom CSS, its a link to the fonts CSS. So you will want to remove that and add that line of code to your Custom scripts option or use the Extra Google fonts option.

Kiwi19

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your patience with me. I created the same masthead section and the Tagline is working but nothing else so far. I don't seem to be able to get screen shots etc into the Paste Bin.

Danny

Can you provide a link so I can see please, basically to use that font, you're going to need to add all the elements which you want to use.

So adding:

body { ... }

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { ... }

Probably isn't enough, you will want to use:

a, p, p a, li, li a and so on.

I will speak to our developers and see if we can get the Google webfonts plugin updated to work with DMS.

suerama

Hi Danny, I'm looking to download this plugin too and your link is not working. I get a 404 page.

There was a previous discussion on the forum with links that also did not work.

I've tried adding your css and using the extra fonts option with no avail.

Also, Raleway might be a good font family to add to the basic Google font list on DMS. It's pretty popular.

James B

Some of the repo's on the github account are locked so only staff/admin can view.

Download the plugin from here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/w2zc6rjjrrfj9b4/plugin-pagelines-googlefonts%20%282%29.zip

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Kiwi19

Thanks for the link James. The plug in installs fine and in Settings/Typography and all the fonts are now listed. Choosing a font gives a preview correctly but the font is not being applied. I tried Text Boxes, Mast Headers etc. but no go.

Kiwi19

I take that back, sorry. Restarted Chrome and it all looks good now!

James B

Excellent, glad you got it working. Thanks for updating the thread

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

77kate

No, you add the font to the Extra Fonts option, then use it in your custom CSS, for example:

body {
}

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
}

and so forth..

I did this for my site and it helped. Thank you so-so much :D :D :D  I saved setting in dms part and nothing changed, then I refreshed the page and there it was, my new header font. :mom: Feel like a hacker :roadrage:

naomiwebb

Hi,

I'm fairly new at all this and I'm having a similar problem. I'm yet to launch my site, but when I go into the site settings and change the typography it doesn't change between them when I hit refresh. It will show in the font preview but not on the pages. It will only change when I deactivate and reactivate a plugin or something similar.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or something else I should be doing?

Thanks