Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreamsight

Section Caching glitches pages

dreamsight

This really threw me...

The client was complaining that the pages weren't changing when he clicked on the menu. I checked and although one of the guys here had created the menu in html and pasted it in a text box (he has been told) it all worked fine. Tried in IE and Firefox and the client was right, I clicked a link and the url changed but the content/post loop stayed the same.

Logged in and the pages all work fine.

Turned off W3total cache and then all plugins but still had the same problem. Turned off Section Caching in the Pagelines Pro settings and all the pages work fine.

http://www.sail-help.co.uk

Danny

HI,

Can you confirm that the section caching is active still on that site, so I can test myself and also, is this only happening in FF and IE or in other browsers too ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreamsight

Hi Danny

I've turned W3 cache off and section caching back on. I'll leave it like this for a couple of hours, or until I hear back from you.

It's happening in Chrome, FF and IE
Thanks

Danny

OK, well firstly your menu code in the TextBox section you have isn't really how you should create a menu. You would want to use lists such as:

<ul>

<li>...</li>

<li>...</li>

</ul>

Also, you're using relative URLs such as:

<a href="/rya-courses-qualifications/short-range-certificate-for-vhf-radio/">Short Range Certificate for VHF radio</a>

Try using the absolute URL instead and see if this resolves your issue.

It could well be an issue with your markup and the section caching setting.

dreamsight

thanks for getting back to me.

dodgy textbox menu has been removed from every page and replaced with widgetizer and WP custom menu. Still the same problem. I've left Section Caching ticked so you can see it

Danny

Hmmm, OK.

Can you enable PL debug mode please and also, can disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools which section caching active and see if the issue persists.

dreamsight

disabling all plugin was the second thing I tried. I've turned  PL debug on, but I can't turn the section cache on until the client has finished going through the site

Danny

OK, so with the latest version of DMS 1.1.6 and DMS Pro Tools Version 1.4.7. I created ten pages, then a custom menu and added these pages to that menu. I then proceeded to assign that menu via the Widgetizer section and all the pages went to the correct page, with Section Caching enabled.

So as far as I can tell, the issue isn't the Section caching, its likely a server issue. I will speak to one of our developers to make sure, but its likely that this option isn't for all server configurations.

dreamsight

How very strange. The site is hosted with Fasthosts.

Thanks for your help

• Similar Content

• dreamsight
      By dreamsight
      Added a captcha for the comments, didn't like it so I deactivated it and installed another plugin. Both captchas appeared on the post's comments so I deleted the deactivated captcha plugin, including associated files, but it still shows on the post. Unticked Section Cache and it disappears, tick section cache and it reappears.

Is there a way to purge section cache?

http://fulfilmentwarehouse.co.uk
    • evscicats
      By evscicats
      I turned on the section caching yesterday for the first time and wow my Pagespeed rating went up (88/100 Desktop).  Thank you so much!  

However, I'm experiencing a problem with a category widget plugin that I'm using and the problem is happening when I turn on Section Caching.  The plugin is "Folding Category List (FoCaL)."  What's happening is the section caching is not allowing some child category buttons to be clicked when Section Caching is on.  When it's off, the buttons work fine.  Go to our main blog feed here http://evscicats.com/resources/ to check it out.

I'm using WP Super Cache on my site along with other plugins.  I have cleared Super Cache multiple times to see if that fixes the issue and it doesn't.  FoCaL has its own caching and I have deleted its cache and turned off the caching capabilities - still has the issue.

I have left the section caching on so you can see what it's doing when you click around.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerrad