Sign in to follow this  
landshark

Buddypress pages, width and widgets

landshark

Using PlatformPro and referencing buddypress specific pages like groups members profiles etc. Is there a way to make it so they go full width? Finally is there a way to configure widgets differently on each page. I can see how to do it on blog pages etc but not on BP specific.

bryan-hadaway

I think all of the above is possible, we'll need to get a link and very detailed instructions on what you're looking to do, like if you can make a checklist for example. Thanks, Bryan

landshark

OK let me see if I can get this to make sense. Making and configuring a "page" in the traditional sense is easy since when you create it, all the PlatformPro option setting are there for you to adjust. On buddypress "pages" you do not create an actual page for things like "members" "groups" "activity" I am also using the links plugin so I have a "links" specific page. There is no way (that I have found) to configure them individually. For example if you go to my members directory http://www.survivalhive.com/members I cannot set this page to "full width" or configure sidebars/widgets for this page so that it is unique to the members page only. If I were to use sidebar1 and place a widget in there it would also show up on the Groups directory http://www.survivalhive.com/groups I do not have the option to hide anything on the groups directory. I can of course hide it in my about page or contact page because I created those myself and have access to those settings. Does this make more sense? Any ideas on how I can accomplish some of these tasks on buddypress specific sections?

Sourena

I also need the answer to the first question. I need to customize my BuddyPress pages. In regard to the second question I suggest using the plugin Widget Logic. It supports BuddyPress and enables you to customize your sidebar. ?» A video about how to use

. ?» BuddyPress Conditional Tags.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

cmunns

so the problem here is that there isn't an actual page representing each buddyPress page in the list of pages, therefore you can't change page level meta options? I don't think this is possible since BuddyPress doesn't have an admin the way WP does. We can still use CSS, although perhaps there is a way to extend the options for this.

landshark

@Sourena, thanks for the tip I will check it out that may solve most of my frustration. @cmunns, Yes, you summed it up well and I see that the issue is the way buddypress integrates with Wordpress. Is there an easy css solution to get a "buddypress page" to expand to full width? My widget problem may be easily solved with the widget logic plugin.at least until you folks can come up with another solution.

Sourena

Maybe you need to change the default setup of the pages to Full width (Settings > Layout Editor). I think BuddyPress takes that as default as well. In the rest of the pages and posts you can choose a different layout by going to PlatformPro Blog Post options (Select layout mode).

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

cmunns

Could definitely be done with CSS since each BuddyPress page is tagged with a class.