Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverRat

DMS problems

RiverRat

Hi I am having some problems with my DMS. All plugins have been deactived and they DMS is still not working properly. I am not seeing how to deactivate the dms template I have not so I can reload a new DMS. Just updating the DMS did not fix my problem.

I also have a couple templates within the DMS I want to save. Thanks

http://buff.ly/1g1qdGN

RiverRat

I can figure out how to deactive the DMS but there is no option to delete it so I can reload a new copy of the template. AS mentioned I need to save the templates in the old DMS for the pages Thanks

Danny

I apologise, but I have no idea what you're referring to or what it is you're trying to do. Can you go into more detail please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

RiverRat

I am trying to do many things but they do not work. I add a background image and it blows up to a crazy size. I try and delete the background and it will not delete. It looks like it does delete and I save and when I go back into the DMS and view the link for the background it is not appearing for the background but if I view that page and there I see the deleted background, so I uploaded a white graphic just to have a white page because the DMS keeps resizing my background really really large and making it unuseable and will not allow me to delete it. so I can not use a background. Does not matter if I have "Fit Image to Page" selected or not.

These problems appeared mid way when designing this site. Everything worked fine and then all of sudden especially the graphics stopped working as they should.

Another problem. I try to align a graphic on the the page or post using the "edit pic" (little icon on graphic that appears when you hover over the graphic) If I choose align right it appears to do that. It appears to save, but when I look at the site it totally ignores my commands.

Forms stopped working. I had to reinstall Contact 7, but I don't think it was the forms that stopped working I believe it is the Captcha because when I tried to reinstall it the Captcha short code will not work for the captcha.

Did I say I disabled first 3rd party plugins = no difference. Then I disabled all plugins = no difference in these problems. So I deleted and reinstalled Pagelines DMS template and I still have all these numerous problems=no difference. I have 3 other DMS sites and do theses types of things all the time and they work fine on my other installations. This site is now live because of deadlines the client has and is a urgent problem. I do not know what to do with it. The link I gave you above was for the testimonial page with a graphic on top that is supposed to be aligned to the right with text flowing around it. I need to get this fixed.

Thanks so much!

RiverRat

I sent a message to support and they said if I turn on the advanced setting feature of debug they can take a look at if for me. Thank you everyone for your assistance!

greenfly

has this issue been resolved? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Actually i responded to this issue by email. Awaiting your response in this matter. 

There were a few issues with plugin compatibility and not DMS directly. I resolved this by disabling your plugins and removing the PageLines Customize plugin you had installed which does not work for DMS and is meant for PageLines Framework. 

Once the issue was resolved after disabling all plugins i emailed you back to ask you to try this yourself and re-enabled the plugins i had disabled and noted the issue with the 'graphics' returned. 

Please find the screenshot of the site operating normally once the plugins have been disabled http://screencast.com/t/VXvmmozYnpm

Next action would be to enable each plugin one by one to see which plugin (or combination of plugins) causes the issue. 

Please can you refrain from contacting the desk for technical support  such as this issue as they would refer you to the forum under normal circumstances. I asked for your credentials in this matter as you stated you needed a quick turn around but you didn't say you had posted on the forum. By asking your question in the forum, it may help other users in the future.

If you have any further questions, please let us know and please let us know. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

RiverRat

Hi I have been posting these problems for a while in the forum. I am thinking 2 weeks now I have had this problem. I did delete the Customize plugin and tried to format the graphic on the testimonial page and it did not format. Actually the Customize Plugin is deleted right now. I have already disabled all the plugins and still had the problems with the background images. But I will try it again and let you know. Thanks

greenfly

i deleted the Customise plugin yesterday for you as was not needed. 

I disabled all your plugins and the problem was resolved. i took a screenshot and updated you by email and the forum that this has worked. The issue is a conflict with the pugins resolved by disabling all plugins - next step is to figure out the offending plugin. 

Looks like however the offending plugin causing the conflict is the pinterest hover state plugin. 

• Similar Content

• artalat
      By artalat
      Hi,

I am using the latest pro version of dms. I recently shifted my website from local host to live site. During migration i was able to successfully transfer everything including templates. But now when i try to create template from newly created pages then it shows the indidcation of saving the the temaplte and also shows the confirmation message. But the saved template does not show in the templates area. Also when i open the old imported ones, and save them as a new templates, they are saved but not the new ones. Another thing, i have recently shifted to pro and added the plugin after that.

Please let me know the reason as soon as possible.

Thanks
    • Mohsin
      By Mohsin
      Hi,

I am using the latest version of pagelines DMS. I am having troubles with the templates part. I created a few pages and after publishing, from those pages i created templates. The problem is that when the template loads not all of its settings along with the work i had done is loading. I have also tried flushing the CSS but that didnt solve the problem either.

Please let me know if my statement is not clear. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
      Mohsin

• marlenecassidy
      By marlenecassidy
      Hello,

My website is www.arttrustmasters.com

I am having a couple of problems with wordpress and pagelines dms.

1. My wordpress pages won't save/load the pagelines dms template I have chosen (feature) (see screenshot 1). Once I choose it and click update, it goes back to asking again to choose the template (screenshot 2); and

2. The fixed navigation bar at top does not work on the items where I have drop down menus (our expert team, financial services, and creative services). I have enabled the appropriate menu. (see screenshot 3).

Thanks,
      Marlene